Flirc Forums

Can't get sensitivity to work

peratu

Logitech 670 with Flirc

Flirc Version 1.0.2 [0000000000000000] Firmware Version: 1 10-02-2011

In harmony software, added flirc as Panasonic TC-P65VT30

guys

i can't get the sensitivity to work. As referred to in this thread, I went into the CLI folder and did a

flirc.exe sensitivity 0 and then played with 1,2,3 values as well. Then I re-opened flirc and re-learnt the right direction key

However, a single press like a direction key is taken multiple times inside xbmc. I even played with inter-key delay 0-200 and it makes no difference.

Is there a later software than Oct 2011 and how do I fix this problem?

Thanks

Hi peratu,

As referred to in this thread

which thread?

When you change the sensitivity I think you have to unplug the flirc then plug it in again for the new settings to take effect - did you do this?

Is there a later software than Oct 2011 and how do I fix this problem?

There isn't a software version later than that I think but there are beta firmwares (at the top of the forums)

Pleasant regards

This is what I did - with Flirc GUI closed, I ran flirc.exe sensitivity 0, then unplugged the USB key and put it back in, opened Flirc GUI, erased the right directional key, re-learnt it and tried in XBMC. I repeated the same process with every sensitivity level

With sensitivity 1, the remote just doesn't work. With 0,2 & 3 it seems to make no difference and a single press results in 3-4 jump in steps

Thank you Chris for responding while I've been out of town.

Yes, I agree, from the above post you mentioned you only thought you had to close the GUI and re-open it. Did you unplug and re-plug in the flirc. No need to close the GUI.

Here is how it actually works. The sensitivity changes my algorithm to make things a bit more 'sensitive'. This actually gets stored as a configuration bit, so if you were to save your configuration from the GUI, this 'sensitivity' would be embedded in the GUI. Configuration values only get 'loaded' when you turn on the device. I should have also changed the firmware to load new values when they change, although easy, I have to many firmware images floating around to create another one.

For each sensitivity, you need to record new button presses. The algorithm changes the capturing of remote signals, so they may not match the ones already saved on the device, which is why you have to re-record.

However, having said that, you don't really have to format. Your previous sensitivity values are still saved, and 'shouldn't conflict with the new ones. It's good practice to start clean again, but you can switch back and forth once saved only having to unplug and plug.

Also, what remote are you using? Can you post your configuration at each sensitivity? Please format in-between as I wont be able to distinguish which saved button was at which sensitivity.

However, a single press like a direction key is taken multiple times inside xbmc. I even played with inter-key delay 0-200 and it makes no difference.

I guess I should have also asked this in the first place:

Is the reason you're adjusting the sensitivity of Flirc because buttons are repeating too quickly in XBMC?

@Jason: Does sensitivity affect repeat rate?

chrisI apologize for my wording. Originally I only closed the GUI and re-opened it. But after Chris' advice, I did it again the way he told me I should. I will try once again removing and putting the USB back in without closing the GUI.

Yes Chris - my single key in XBMC repeats 4-5 times. So if I press left or right on my Logitech 670, it jumps 3-4 steps. I even tried to tune inter-key delay in logitech software but that made no difference

I tried what Jason mentioned and change the sens without closing the GUI but it returns this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\flirc\cli>flirc.exe sensitivity 1

Warning: cannot open USB devicedevice disconnected, can't run command

With the GUI closed, it provides this output:

sensitivy set: 1

You must re-learn your remote buttons with every

different sensitivity

C:\Program Files (x86)\flirc\cli>

Jason - how do I post my configuration after each sens setting? What file should I attach here?

For those interested in this topic, we solved this together outside of the forums. The problem was in the harmony one software.

We had to decrease the number of repeats.

"Device > Troubleshoot > 'Device responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally'"

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-harmony/thread.cgi?7814

• Like 1