Flirc Forums

Flirc software says my Flirc SE is disconnected, but commands work

themattguy

Hi all,

I bought a Flirc SE. It works great for controlling Kodi, etc. However, I'm trying to use the "SE" functionality of it and actually have it power off/on the computer. When I go into the Flirc software though, to bind power toggle to a button on my harmony remote, the software says that the Flirc is disconnected, in the title bar. Which is weird, given that it definitely works.

I've tried fully uninstalling/reinstalling the software and drivers, but no luck.

Anything I can try?

• Like 1

Hello! Sorry for the delay, it didn't tell me anyone replied.

I'm using a harmony one remote, and if by "your software" you mean the flirc software, then only a little bit. Due to how well flirc works out of the box with a harmony remote and kodi, I haven't had to mess with it much.

I'll keep a closer eye on this thread.

• 8 months later...

ffs! I've been searching for more then 1 hour for an older version of flirc. Because... "

[v3.22.4]

• [gui] Windows driver fixes for gen1 products

Does the opposite. Now Flirc software does not work. Says device disconnected BUT ITS NOT! works just fine. So why did I update then, well. I wanted to adjust the input repeat or whats its called but that's impossible now ... so PLZ for the love of GOD dont wipe the net of older version of Flirc. It's always a good idea to have a couple of versions live.

So, can I please have, and older version, Unsure on when it stopped working. Haven't updated Flirc for a while.

Not sure with generation I have. Mine is see through plastic. Running on Windows 10 latest update.

flirc_log.txt

Edited by W3CB
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, W3CB said:

ffs! I've been searching for more then 1 hour for an older version of flirc. Because... "

[v3.22.4]

• [gui] Windows driver fixes for gen1 products

Does the opposite. Now Flirc software does not work. Says device disconnected BUT ITS NOT! works just fine. So why did I update then, well. I wanted to adjust the input repeat or whats its called but that's impossible now ... so PLZ for the love of GOD dont wipe the net of older version of Flirc. It's always a good idea to have a couple of versions live.

So, can I please have, and older version, Unsure on when it stopped working. Haven't updated Flirc for a while.

Not sure with generation I have. Mine is see through plastic. Running on Windows 10 latest update.

flirc_log.txt 126.07 kB · 0 downloads

In your flirc.ini, can you make sure that libusb logging is enabled?

libusb = false         ; Log libusb events. <-- change this to true.

I know my fix worked for a bunch of people, we can do a team viewer so I can look at it if the log doesn't show anything.

47 minutes ago, jason said:

In your flirc.ini, can you make sure that libusb logging is enabled?

libusb = false         ; Log libusb events. <-- change this to true.

I know my fix worked for a bunch of people, we can do a team viewer so I can look at it if the log doesn't show anything.

What fix?

flirc_log.zip

Edited by W3CB

15 hours ago, W3CB said:

Yes, if you are active right now =) 

Doesn't seem like you are. Just tell me (Us) what to do...

I'm around right now, we're probably on different time zones. (I'm in PST) I'm also available most of tomorrow. Let me know what works.

• 2 weeks later...