Flirc Forums

best way to power on/off HTPC

ErickTreetops

Hi,

Need help turning my pc on and off

I have a v2 USB Flirc and a Harmony 350 remote. I'm running the latest version of Kodi on Windows 10. Most of the remote keys are emulating the MCE keyboard.  

My Harmony  remote will only send my tv's on and off command and use seperate buttons for each so i need to use those for the HTPC on an off functions as well.

However, I'm not sure which is the best way to  put my PC into standby mode or wake it from there.  The PC is configured to go into standby mode if it gets the "off" command.

Can the "off" command be mapped to a keyboard Command on the Flirc  and can also send the stop command to Kodi ?

This is to stop the  live tv  stream being recorded through the pvr on a shutdown command.

How can i do this?

I'm hoping Kodi will wake up my pc when a recording starts and not go into standby if a recording is in progress.

I know there is a wake command on the flirc keyboard, is that the best command to use to bring the pc out of standby ?

Other options for shutdown are creating windows shortcut keys to run a batch file which  runs the windows shutdown command.

Which is the preferred option.?

regards Erick

'