Flirc Forums

Confused on how to start - Harmony, Nvidia Shield, MythTV

m_theredhead

Hello,

I have a Harmony one, Nvidia Shield, and flirc 2 device.

The developers of MythTV have been working on a mythfrontend that works on Android and in particular the Shield TV.    This seems to work well, but the standard Shield remote is limited in buttons.

For my current backend (x86_64), I have an MCE receiver and just leverage an Harmony MCE profile.   This works quite well.

I would like to migrate this configuration to run on the Shield + MythTV + flirc + Harmony.

All of MythTV can be controlled by keyboard input.

Unfortunately, I am not clear on how I would program FLIRC.   I would like to have full use of the Shield from the remote but also map the buttons ( to keyboard input) that I would need for MythTV.  I looked at the Shield profile, but it only maps the expected Shield buttons.    Would I want to use the Full keyboard profile?  If so, how could I figure out the Shield mappings on the keyboard to use?    I assume I would then use something like a flirc keyboard profile on the Harmony and map all of the keys manually.    

This feels like a blending of a keyboard profile + Shield profile.

Is this the right path or am I lost?  Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by m_theredhead

• 5 weeks later...

Well,

As luck my have it, my harmony IR remote got knocked off the couch and the display was ruined.    This led to buying a new remote and I went with the harmony hub which supports Bluetooth connectivity + virtual keyboard connectivity.   

So, I won't be using my new flirc device on this project - off to find something else to automate with it.