Flirc Forums

Dreambox Remote

WierdK

I'm testing with a gray older DreamBox remote, only the problem is that I get 4 lines.

Line 1 and 3 were always the same with all the buttons, 2 and 3 were different.

I think that recording only get the first line, and create identical hashes for all the buttons.

Question 1: Maybe it is possible to create hash myself and place it in the fcfg, need sample source to do it myself.

Question 2: Commandline recording based on a debug line input, then Flirc program could recreate hash.

Question 3: Recording based on multi lines

Maybe is one off this questions possible, and sorry for my poor English :(

2.0, 3.19.12,  4.4.2

Edited by WierdK
typo

Hi,

Sorry to disappoint you but the protocol used by the Dreambox remotes (XMP) is not supported yet. It's really hard to tell when (if ever) it's going to be supported as it's a really nasty one. Besides sending 2 or 3 different frames on every single key press, it also uses 4-bit encoding scheme - it encodes each 4 bits of the data as one of 16 different burst/gap lengths.

20 hours ago, yawor said:

Hi,

Sorry to disappoint you but the protocol used by the Dreambox remotes (XMP) is not supported yet. It's really hard to tell when (if ever) it's going to be supported as it's a really nasty one. Besides sending 2 or 3 different frames on every single key press, it also uses 4-bit encoding scheme - it encodes each 4 bits of the data as one of 16 different burst/gap lengths.

Thanks for your quick respose.

You did only not responde to my questions?

Well, I thought that my response was enough as for me the other questions were based on the assumption of using the Dreambox remote. As the Dreambox remote is not supported, any of the features you've proposed wouldn't help.

Anyway:

A1: It's not possible to create hash yourself. The hashing algorithm is proprietary.
A2: This is a nice idea and has been proposed few times by some people (myself included). There are plans to implement this (but it would still not help with Dreambox).
A3: I understand what would you like to achieve with this but I don't think it would be possible to do. Please understand that Flirc tries to be as universal as possible when it comes to supported remotes/different IR protocols, but some of the protocols are so complicated that adding support for them would make the algorithm much more complicated and slower that all the other supported remotes would also suffer from the slow down.

For now I use the Dreambox TV mode with the universal code 0680.

This protocol is accepted when recording  with Flirc. (only some problems with long button press)

With A2: it would be possible to attach frame 2 or frame 4 to a key in Dreambox mode, then the problem is solved.

Thanks again for your response.

No, unfortunately it wouldn't solve anything, because hashing algorithm doesn't work properly with XMP signal (protocol used by Dreambox). This means that even if you have two different frames captured in the debug, they can still produce the same hash. Like I've already said, this protocol is really ugly to work with.