Flirc Forums

Stuck Keys with Flirc & FireTV

Wratchet

My understanding is that there is a new, "official" FireTV profile, but it only partially works for me. On the main fireTV screen, the left, right, up, down arrows skip 2. If I click up once, it goes up twice. Once I get into some more in-depth menus, like in Hulu, it seems to work fine. This is very confounding, especially since the Flirc has worked perfectly for over a year until I got a new Vizio TV. Or at least the timing seems supspect.

Any ideas? I've tried mapping left, right, up, down from every possible setting and none of them are working. If, however, I get within a few inches of the Flirc, the remote works properly, moving one item at a time.

I am SO stumped.

The model from the confirmation email is FL-25626. I ordered it on 1/27/17.

Also, I was at least able to find some buttons on some layouts that worked for the INT-422-3 before, but after I plugged the Flirc in and downloaded software and firmware updates, no layout now available in the software will fix my problem it seems.

EDIT: another thing  if I hold the remote within 2 feet of the fire TV, it works. Is the IR part failing and the new tv is just coincidental timing?

Edited by Wratchet

NEVERMIND. PROBLEM SOLVED. I swear I tried each key from each profile to get everything to work but was unable to do so. I just now finished hunting through each profile and eventually found a button or two from each profile that worked until they all worked. No more skipping.

I love the Flirc guys. Thanks for a great product and awesome support.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately the problem is back. Sometimes if I hold the button, instead of just pressing it briefly, it will work. The performance depends on the menu I am looking at. For example, moving around on the main Amazon FireTV screen everything works. Moving one direction at a time. However, when I am in the Hulu app, all of the sudden the same buttons click everything twice. When I try to change my profile, I can't because it automatically reselects my profile, if that make sense.

Ideas?

EDIT: I saw the article. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to answer my specific issue. It seems to have something to do with how long the remote button is held, but I have no idea how or why that would be.

Edited by Wratchet

• 3 weeks later...

Jason,

Do you have any other ideas? Everything was working fine, but now the remote is unusable. Any time I press a button it's like the remote sends two signals. I would love to fix this because I'm not hot on the Amazon Fire TV iPhone app.

• 5 months later...