Flirc Forums

Alternate key presses fail.

PhilB

I have just acquired a flirc - Firmware version v4.4.4.2 with the intention of simplifying the configuration of my Mythtv setup with an MCE remote.  The remote works reliably with the MCE receiver and Linux lirc software.

The setup utility under Ubuntu would not work - the menu bar at the top was  missing so I used my Windows 10 system instead.  Latest version of flirc software v3.9.12.

I reset the device completely with file > clear configuration then programmed keys individually from the Controllers > Full keyboard.  Keys such as the numbers work fine, but buttons such as 'Pause' programmed for 'p', 'Picture' for W only work on alternate key presses.   I'm testing with a simple perl program to show keyboard input.

What might I be doing wrong?  The saved configuration is attached.

Regards

Phil

Config20180319.fcfg

Thanks Yawor. 

Would you clarify how I do that please for (say) 'pause' giving P.

My guess at this does not work.

> select Controllers > Full keyboard

> Click on P

> press 'pause' on mce

> Click on P again

> press 'pause' again

I get 'Button already exists'

Advice appreciated.

Phil

Let me first clarify the issue from your first post. If I understand correctly, for example the P key (for play/pause) works every second press of the button. At least that's what I've understood from "alternate key presses". If I misunderstood this then could you elaborate what exactly the issue is?

If I understood this correctly, then recording the button twice should work. Did you clear the configuration before testing recording pause twice?