Flirc Forums

Codec key is no longer working with LibreElec

amcfarla

I recently upgraded to the generation two of Flirc on my LibreElec media center.  I am using a Harmony Elite remote control and using the Media Center PC, Flirc, Kodi profile for my Harmony remote and the codec worked with my previous Flirc and I believe it worked with Gen 2 Flirc also when I installed it.  For some reason the Codec key doesn't do anything now when pressing it.  I verified the key was setup correctly in the Harmony software and it is using Codec info from the Flirc device pressing that button.  I am not sure why the Codec stopped working and what to do to fix it since the Flirc should be all configured out of the box.   If anyone has any suggestions getting this work again it would be appreciated.  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there was ever a codec info key in the built-in Harmony profiles. I don't see it in either a 1st nor 2nd gen.

Can you save a configuration from 1st gen and attach it here? Maybe you've recorded the codec info key yourself and you've forgotten about it.

You can fix it yourself. Just plug your 2nd gen Flirc to your PC or Mac, fire up the Flirc GUI and select full keyboard controller in the controllers menu. Then press key O (as in Olive, not zero) on the virtual keyboard and when asked to press a button on the remote, press the button you on Harmony you use to invoke codec info.

12 hours ago, yawor said:

I don't think there was ever a codec info key in the built-in Harmony profiles. I don't see it in either a 1st nor 2nd gen.

Can you save a configuration from 1st gen and attach it here? Maybe you've recorded the codec info key yourself and you've forgotten about it.

You can fix it yourself. Just plug your 2nd gen Flirc to your PC or Mac, fire up the Flirc GUI and select full keyboard controller in the controllers menu. Then press key O (as in Olive, not zero) on the virtual keyboard and when asked to press a button on the remote, press the button you on Harmony you use to invoke codec info.

I might have programmed it and forgot I did it since I did have a Flirc codec item in harmony software with my 1st gen Flirc.  I did the steps you suggested which fixed the issue.  Thank you.