Flirc Forums

Flirc + XR11 Infinity Remote

tgiannak

hi,

im trying to learn to flirc this remote but after the first button succesfully recorded then in all the other buttons says : button already exists :(  (i have disabled built in profiles and updated firmware, and tried on 2 different computers)

i was excited at first because its the best remote i have ever seen with lights on the buttons but then....

is there any way that this remote will be supported??  

ALSO after i tried a dreambox classic remote for comparison, and the same thing happened, so im out in 2 of 2 , so even dreambox remote is unsupported?

im sending you my logs of the 2 remotes

my_flirc_config_xfinity.txt

my_flirc_config_dreambox.txt

Edited by tgiannak

That's a shame. I'll analyze your log files tomorrow but I took a quick look at the first one and it doesn't look very promising. The frames are very short and the timings show that the protocol the remote is using is not very robust. But that's just a quick look.

53 minutes ago, yawor said:

That's a shame. I'll analyze your log files tomorrow but I took a quick look at the first one and it doesn't look very promising. The frames are very short and the timings show that the protocol the remote is using is not very robust. But that's just a quick look.

thank you very much, i hope you you will have good news for me...

OK, here's my analysis. Both remotes seem to be using the same protocol. That's why both remotes behave in the same way. The protocol is XMP, which is really strange one. It can generate even three different signals per each key: repeat frame is different from first frame and the remote can send additional frame on key release which is also different than both previous ones. The timings of the signal are really short and there are different gap times between the frames.

Unfortunately all this makes it really hard to implement support for this protocol :(.

18 hours ago, tgiannak said:

i was excited at first because its the best remote i have ever seen with lights on the buttons but then....

Have you seen the URC-6440 (or OneForAll Simple 4) remote? It has backlit keys and feels quite good in the hand. It's fully programmable and you can download an open source RemoteMaster software (from hifi-remote.com/forums) which supports that remote and allows you to program it down to a single key function. Another option would be a Nevo C2 remote, which is quite a beast and also has backlit keys and is also supported by RemoteMaster. I have both and I like both. I'm using the Nevo as my daily driver now.

Seems like both remotes are using the same protocol. Googling for dreambox and XMP confirms that.

This means that, at least at this time, both remotes are unusable. I wouldn't say that they won't ever be supported, but I wouldn't hold my breadth waiting for that.

8 minutes ago, yawor said:

Seems like both remotes are using the same protocol. Googling for dreambox and XMP confirms that.

This means that, at least at this time, both remotes are unusable. I wouldn't say that they won't ever be supported, but I wouldn't hold my breadth waiting for that.

thanks for your response!! one last thing, the URC-6440 works out of the box with flirc? i see that you mentioned another software remore master for it ?

URC-6440 is an universal remote. This means you need to configure the remote first before it's able to send any signals. This also means that you can select from a multitude of different remote configurations to select one which works best with Flirc. For example, I'm using a setup code for a Samsung TV (uses NECx2 protocol), which works perfectly with Flirc.

You can configure the remote without connecting it to your computer, using manual setup procedure (it's described in the remote's manual). But you can also connect it to your PC (using a standard micro USB cable) and configure it using a RemoteMaster software. If you decide to go that route, you can ask me for help in a private message (configuring a remote is not in scope of this forum).

10 minutes ago, yawor said:

URC-6440 is an universal remote. This means you need to configure the remote first before it's able to send any signals. This also means that you can select from a multitude of different remote configurations to select one which works best with Flirc. For example, I'm using a setup code for a Samsung TV (uses NECx2 protocol), which works perfectly with Flirc.

You can configure the remote without connecting it to your computer, using manual setup procedure (it's described in the remote's manual). But you can also connect it to your PC (using a standard micro USB cable) and configure it using a RemoteMaster software. If you decide to go that route, you can ask me for help in a private message (configuring a remote is not in scope of this forum).

thank you very much for your help i will go with that route. also i can donate you one xfinity xr11 remote for testing if you are interested, contact me.

thanks

Edited by tgiannak