Flirc Forums

App not working (did upgrade firmware tho). Need Nexus Player help

Priam66

1) The app isn't working, at all. I was able to upgrade the firmware to 4.2.2 but I am not able to map any keys (it isn't registering any of my key presses)

2) I am trying to setup my Nexus Player so I first connected my keyboard to the Player to figure out all of the key commands and after a ton of searching I have no idea how to map a home button (I've tried everything, tab+esc, tab+alt, wink+esc) and I'm not sure what to do, this is all very overwhelming. I also noticed in Plex to go back you need to use Backspace but in every other app it is ESC to go back.

3) I would like to use my Logitech Harmony One+, and advice on how to set that up?

1) What do you mean it doesn't register key presses? Can you describe what exactly are you doing, step by step, and where does it fail?

2) You should be able to use Home button from Fire TV controller in the GUI. All Android devices should respect that button. Regarding differences in applications, there's really nothing Flirc can do about that. You'll need to map both backspace and escape to two different buttons on your remote and remember which to use in which application. The only other way is to ask app developer to fix their keyboard support.

3) You can either add one of the Flirc profiles in MyHarmony or you can use almost any other profile (for example for some LG, Samsung or Panasonic device). Flirc profiles are not in use anywhere else and are mapped out of the box but they are mapped in specific way which may not be ideal for you or not have some functions mapped. You can overwrite them by re-recording the button with different function selected. You can also disable built-in support for Harmony Flirc profiles in Advanced settings in Flirc GUI (which will allow you to map all buttons by yourself).

By using other profile (for some device like LG TV for example) you can start from scratch and map your functions whatever you like. Be advised that some device profiles work with Flirc better or worse than others and they may require some experimentation.

I open the app and I see a simple controller. On the GUI I select the Up (and it starts to flash) and on the bottom it says "Press the button to be paired with 'up'" but even tho I am pushing Up Arrow on my keyboard nothing is happening.

I am running on win10, I have tried running as administrator and I also change the compatibility to Windows 8 but nothing has worked

1 hour ago, jason said:

Don,t press up on your keyboard, do it on your remote control.

Sorry about that, I was very confused. Before I bought the device I was looking up how to set it up and people were using keyboard commands and that's what I thought I had to do. Anyways it is working perfectly now, including the Home button.

Thank-you for your time