Flirc Forums

MCE Remote - Up/Down Key function the same and already Mapped problem

i0zjh02

Hi All

Sorry if this is posted already (I searched but couldnt find) I'm having problems programing my MCE remote to work with Kodi/Flirc. 

I'm moving away from std MCE reciever as cant get guide button to work correctly (I've tried various versions of MCE remotes) So I thought I'd use the Flirc reciever I've had sat around for a while. Most keys I can get working but I've a problem with Vol up/down and the up / down (arrow) keys. 

Basically it looks like Flirc sees the Up/Down as a single Key. If I program/capture "Up" this works OK but then the down key also functions as an "Up" key :-( If I try to capture "Down" then it says this is already assigned/captured. If I delete the "Down" and recapture it then both "Up" & "Down" work as the "Down" key.

Same issue for Vol Up / Vol Dn

Any idea how to resolve this, I running latest SW and Firmware. Its been a while since I tested the Flirc but cant remember having this issue with V 1.4 of SW (I think I had this) and the earlier Firmware.

I have the older type Flirc, not sure if this makes any difference. I've tried clearing the config but nothing helps 

I have same problem on various MCE remotes I have (HP, Acer and All for One) 

Update, I've tried selecting "Sequence Modifiers" in the advanced settings that are mentioned somewhere on the forum, but that didnt seem to help either

Edited by i0zjh02

Volume up/down would be equivalent to standard-keyboard F9/F10. What profile did you use to program the arrow keys?

I tried in the "Kodi" profile with both Up/Dn & VolUp/VolDn. I aslo tried in the "Full Keyboard" profile for the Up/Dn keys but not sure I tried for the VolUp/VolDn in that profile. I'm away with Work until Thursday but will try this then