Flirc Forums

Control what remote can power on Flirc SE

Killbill

Hey guys. Just got myself flirc SE. Where have you been all my adult life! 

got it all wired up to my motherboard and working. 

Did a straight forward setup with my new Harmony 950 remote. Put the HTPC in complete power off and when I hit the power button it wakes the pc up. Great! 

Problem I have, if I point any remote in that direction and hit the power button on the remote it will now turn the PC on. 

Example. Press the power button on my samsung TV remote to turn TV on also turns on PC. 

Can we setup Flirc SE to only recognise power on button from a harmony remote? 

HNY btw. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. Just got myself flirc SE. Where have you been all my adult life! 

got it all wired up to my motherboard and working. 

Did a straight forward setup with my new Harmony 950 remote. Put the HTPC in complete power off and when I hit the power button it wakes the pc up. Great! 

Problem I have, if I point any remote in that direction and hit the power button on the remote it will now turn the PC on. 

Example. Press the power button on my samsung TV remote to turn TV on also turns on PC. 

Can we setup Flirc SE to only recognise power on button from a harmony remote? 

HNY btw. 

would you mind to share what OS your HTPC is running on?
I have problems of waking up on Win10, tho I use the 2nd gen not SE.

Today I've tested diffrent remote with same results. So it most probably is not remote problem, but Flirc with Windows itself.

Tested:

• BOXEE --> Power remote detects it correctly but clearly it has no function as I have Windows 10 HTPC.
  • KODI --> Shutdown it does not detect.
  • MEDIA KEYS --> Wake/Suspend it works as wake/suspend and this is my partial solution to power on/off function.
  • XBOX --> Power_Xbox it detects as number 9.  Power_TV it detects as number 9.

Ah so it's not a problem with remote. Now I understand what's your problem. To configure Flirc SE power button feature you need to use command line utility flirc_util.exe. The command has been posted in this thread already:

flirc_util.exe record power

After pressing enter, the command will wait for you to press a button.