Flirc Forums

FLIRC disconnected after going to sleep

madmanuel

Apologies for not updating the thread earlier - I have been away.

I have updated to .15 and the PC will wake a few times, but after a while it stops. I can still wake up using my Logitech keyboard (the type with a RF USB dongle).

PC runs Win 10 x64. Hibernate disabled. All drivers up to date, and I have checked BIOS to make sure theres nothing sleep related enabled.

Hello Jason

I just received the v1 Flirc to test in the last half hour.

I have only done minimal testing at the moment, however.

I unplugged the v2 and plugged in the v1 and configured the Next, Previous and Power keys under Media Keys which are the same ones I setup on the v2.

After doing this I have been able to Sleep and Wake the PC each time I have tried so far.

I will continue to test things over the next few days and will update this thread on Monday.

Thanks

Kevin

Hello Jason

I just received the v1 Flirc to test in the last half hour.

I have only done minimal testing at the moment, however.

I unplugged the v2 and plugged in the v1 and configured the Next, Previous and Power keys under Media Keys which are the same ones I setup on the v2.

After doing this I have been able to Sleep and Wake the PC each time I have tried so far.

I will continue to test things over the next few days and will update this thread on Monday.

Thanks

Kevin

okay, keep me posted. I'll try and replicate what I do electrically with that one, it works a bit differently, but essentially, this is the same thing as unplugging and plugging it in. But you said that didn't work and it through me off.

Work may be a bit slow over here though, Our Lily was just born Tuesday, so a bit tired. = )

okay, keep me posted. I'll try and replicate what I do electrically with that one, it works a bit differently, but essentially, this is the same thing as unplugging and plugging it in. But you said that didn't work and it through me off.

Work may be a bit slow over here though, Our Lily was just born Tuesday, so a bit tired. = )

Hello Jason

I will update you on Monday.

As a quick test though I unplugged the v1 whilst the computer was Sleeping and that did not Wake the computer either.

Also, congratulations on your new arrival :)

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Cowans

Hello Jason

I have been using the v1 now since Thursday and everything has been working fine.

The computer is Sleeping and Waking every time I request it.

The only thing I had to do when I started using the v1 was to change the Device Settings in the Harmony Software for the Flirc Player as the Keys were being repeated.

Since I changed the Key Repeat Setting in the Harmony Software from 3 to 0 everything has been working fine.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Cowans

• 2 weeks later...

Any news? I'm trying to get my Intel NUC7i3BNH to wake from hibernation with no success so far. Windows 10 isn't really helping either, I can't enable "Allow device to wake Computer" in device manager or through the elevated command prompt for the USB hub.

EDIT: Just tried it on my Windows 8.1 desktop and it wakes up from hibernation with no extra configuration, just the basic install.

Edited by Shodan13

Unfortunately I'm also experiencing this same issue, which is making it impossible for me to wake my PC from sleep. The frustrating thing is that this worked for me initially, and I was able to wake my PC every time. After messing with some settings on my Harmony for an hour or so it just suddenly stopped functioning correctly, and when I force my PC to wake up with my keyboard I can see that FLIRC is taking a few seconds to register as "Connected" in the app, during which time no button-presses from my remote are registered on the computer. Are we getting any closer to a solution? It's literally just this one thing keeping me from loving this device :/

edit: I should add that I pretty much tried everything I could think of. Uninstalled everything, deleted files, deleted my Harmony profile, re-installed, turned on "Allow this device to wake my PC" even though I didn't need it initially, tried different USB ports, assigned a "Wake" button even though I didn't need it initially either, etc. Oh, and I'm on Windows 10, by the way.

Edited by olyol

Guys hang tight. I believe we have a solution, which is to port over what I did in flirc V1. I need some time. Holy shit has life been rough:

•  New baby
  • daughter started pre-school and we're all sick, wife, daughter, and 3 week old baby are all on antibiotics
  • I entered into a contract with DHL to handle domestic and international shipping. Holy shit what a bunch of fuck ups. I'm on the phone all day with angry customers because they over sold their product and all shipments take 5x as long.
  • Suppose to move business into a small office so someone else can ship, asshole realtor decided to extort everyone for a bunch of money they day we were supposed to sign a lease. (I didn't)

Hopefully lease on another building should go through soon, and life can be somewhat back to normal next week. I apologize for the delay. This is first on my list when I can return.

I'll post some firmware as soon as I can.

Guys hang tight. I believe we have a solution, which is to port over what I did in flirc V1. I need some time. Holy shit has life been rough:

•  New baby
  • daughter started pre-school and we're all sick, wife, daughter, and 3 week old baby are all on antibiotics
  • I entered into a contract with DHL to handle domestic and international shipping. Holy shit what a bunch of fuck ups. I'm on the phone all day with angry customers because they over sold their product and all shipments take 5x as long.
  • Suppose to move business into a small office so someone else can ship, asshole realtor decided to extort everyone for a bunch of money they day we were supposed to sign a lease. (I didn't)

Hopefully lease on another building should go through soon, and life can be somewhat back to normal next week. I apologize for the delay. This is first on my list when I can return.

I'll post some firmware as soon as I can.

That doesn't sound fun at all. I'm glad for the response though! In the meantime I've got an inelegant workaround to tide me over. Good luck with all your things man and I hope all of you guys get better soon :P

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your arrival Jason.

i have read all 7 pages hoping for a fix to this problem and I'm glad there could be a fix soon. 

Any update when this may be released? It's a pain to keep unplugging and plugging flirc in and out all the time.

thanks for all your hard work

Congratulations on your arrival Jason.

i have read all 7 pages hoping for a fix to this problem and I'm glad there could be a fix soon. 

Any update when this may be released? It's a pain to keep unplugging and plugging flirc in and out all the time.

thanks for all your hard work

I am moving into my office right now. I will be pushing something this week for you guys to try. Very sorry for the delay guys. Appreciate the patience and support.

Okay, so I've been looking at this all day with a USB analyzer and scope. Unfortunately, everything is looking correct, but I have some ideas.

Here is what I'm seeing. When the host is sleeping, gen1's USB+ and USB- lines go into the resume state. When the 'wake' signal gets sent. It's sending a K-state for roughly a second, well beyond the spec. All this is, is when the D+ and D- signals switch polarity. You can see that in the image where it says keep alive.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-17%20at%206.18.4

Now with Gen2, I see the exact same thing. It's much shorter, and controlled via the chip. The spec only says 1second to 15 seconds.Fully within spec, here it is:

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-17%20at%206.21.3

The two obvious things that are different are:

• Gen1 is out of spec, too long
  • Gen2 is reversed

Gen2 being reversed is okay. Gen1 is operating at low speed USB while gen2 is operating at full speed. 

So there could be a few things causing this:

1. Gen1 is out of spec, but it's a good thing?
  2. Gen2 is full speed vs gen1 low speed
  3. Gen2 is not actually detecting when your computer is going to sleep.

I'm suspecting that it's not 1. It would be crazy to think that you have to run the device out of spec in order for it to wake the host.

I'm hoping it is 2. as that's a relatively easy fix.

3 is hardest to prove. I would need to send you guys a modified unit with an LED that turns on when the host is sleeping. When it's not working, is the led on? If it's not, than flirc is not detecting the host go to sleep.

So attached is a firmware image to try with flirc running in low speed mode. (the bootloader will still be full speed, so upgrades will be fast still).

Let me know if this seems any better. If not, we'll figure out how to do #3.

nemo.beta-4.0.17.bin

For some reason the flirc app just freezes on me when trying to update to the 4.0.17 firmware. Have tried older firmwares and they all upload fine and also quickly.

Same with the flirc_util.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc>flirc_util.exe upgrade "C:\Users\Kodi\Downloads\nemo.beta-4.0.17.bin"
Uploading image: C:\Users\Kodi\Downloads\nemo.beta-4.0.17.bin to "flirc.tv" 0x20A0
[DEVICE]        Setting DFU
[DEVICE]        Waiting.
[DEVICE]        Bootloader Detected
[========================================>] 100%
[DEVICE]        Waiting........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edited by revs

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed, something funky is going on. Will do a bit of testing. Sorry about that guys. Overwhelmed with a terrible problem in windows that was hanging over my head for a long time. Just pushed a fix for it.