Flirc Forums

FLIRC disconnected after going to sleep

madmanuel

Hello Jason

I had some spare time and since there is very little installed on my HTPC I decided to perform a Reset of Windows 10.

Unfortunately, after the Reset the Flirc was still unable to Wake the computer (putting it to Sleep works every time), however, the Ubunto Live USB continues to work perfectly, able to Sleep and Wake the PC every time.

I tested the Flirc before I installed anything extra such as Plex etc. to make sure I had a bare Windows 10 installation.

Just a little more information, hopefully it will help in some way.

Also, I tried the 4.0.16 FW and still have the issue.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hello Jason

I had some spare time and since there is very little installed on my HTPC I decided to perform a Reset of Windows 10.

Unfortunately, after the Reset the Flirc was still unable to Wake the computer (putting it to Sleep works every time), however, the Ubunto Live USB continues to work perfectly, able to Sleep and Wake the PC every time.

I tested the Flirc before I installed anything extra such as Plex etc. to make sure I had a bare Windows 10 installation.

Just a little more information, hopefully it will help in some way.

Also, I tried the 4.0.16 FW and still have the issue.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

And Sleep vs Suspend? Did one work over the other?

I've got one other idea.

And Sleep vs Suspend? Did one work over the other?

I've got one other idea.

Hello Jason

I thought Sleep and Suspend were the same?

I have tried from Sleep and from Hibernate.

I am unable to Wake from either.

Each time I need to use the Logitech Keyboard to Wake the PC.

I unplugged the Flirc from my HTPC (Windows 10 Home x64) and plugged it into my Desktop PC (Windows 10 Pro x64) and it works every time, Sleeping and Waking.

Could there be an issue with using the Flirc with Windows 10 Home since it works with Windows 10 Pro and also with the Ubuntu Live USB?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Cowans

Hello Jason

I thought Sleep and Suspend were the same?

I have tried from Sleep and from Hibernate.

I am unable to Wake from either.

Each time I need to use the Logitech Keyboard to Wake the PC.

I unplugged the Flirc from my HTPC (Windows 10 Home x64) and plugged it into my Desktop PC (Windows 10 Pro x64) and it works every time, Sleeping and Waking.

Could there be an issue with using the Flirc with Windows 10 Home since it works with Windows 10 Pro and also with the Ubuntu Live USB?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

You know what, it looks like a fairly big problem with windows 10. Look at this: https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/cannot-wake-up-windows-10-from-sleep-with-external-mouse-and-keyboard.9674/

Go to the bottom and look at similar threads. There are dozens.

There is an interesting post here: http://cl.flirc.io/jGvO

On all the hubs, you can uncheck: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Also, a lot of people are pointing towards video drivers. What's in your system?

You know what, it looks like a fairly big problem with windows 10. Look at this: https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/cannot-wake-up-windows-10-from-sleep-with-external-mouse-and-keyboard.9674/

Go to the bottom and look at similar threads. There are dozens.

There is an interesting post here: http://cl.flirc.io/jGvO

On all the hubs, you can uncheck: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Also, a lot of people are pointing towards video drivers. What's in your system?

Hello Jason

Now I feel guilty for wasting your time :)

Very interesting though that this seems so wide spread.

I just wonder why it seems to work fine on my Desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro and not on Windows 10 Home.

Also, I am able to Wake the HTPC with the Logitech Keyboard so it does not seem to be an issue where everything is affected which makes troubleshooting the issue so much more difficult.

Hardware wise my HTPC has an Intel Core i7 6700 and I am using the internal Graphics (Intel 530).

All Drivers are up to date as of today.

I just checked the price to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro and Microsoft is wanting £119 for the upgrade, this is via the Activation Tab in Windows 10 Home.

Unfortunately that is too much at the moment but I will upgrade as soon as I can as I hate the Home Editions.

Thanks

Kevin

You aren't waisting my time at all. Lot of flircs get sold, this is going to be a big issue.

There is one more thing I can try. Which is to emulate a disconnect. After your computer is sleeping, could you unplug flirc and plug it back in and see if the machine wakes up?

I don't particularly like this, as it's not following the standard, but if it works, it works.

I think it's hardware related. Are both computers identical in hardware? A lot of folks point back to the intel gpu on the threads.

Hello Jason

Now I feel guilty for wasting your time :)

Very interesting though that this seems so wide spread.

I just wonder why it seems to work fine on my Desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro and not on Windows 10 Home.

Also, I am able to Wake the HTPC with the Logitech Keyboard so it does not seem to be an issue where everything is affected which makes troubleshooting the issue so much more difficult.

Hardware wise my HTPC has an Intel Core i7 6700 and I am using the internal Graphics (Intel 530).

All Drivers are up to date as of today.

I just checked the price to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro and Microsoft is wanting £119 for the upgrade, this is via the Activation Tab in Windows 10 Home.

Unfortunately that is too much at the moment but I will upgrade as soon as I can as I hate the Home Editions.

Thanks

Kevin

You aren't waisting my time at all. Lot of flircs get sold, this is going to be a big issue.

There is one more thing I can try. Which is to emulate a disconnect. After your computer is sleeping, could you unplug flirc and plug it back in and see if the machine wakes up?

I don't particularly like this, as it's not following the standard.

I think it's hardware related. Are both computers identical in hardware? A lot of folks point back to the intel gpu on the threads.

How about the control panel option I pointed to previously?

im using 10pro, but today after 24hours of sleep i cant wake it up, again, i have to use also the logitech keyboard to wake him up.

If you unplug your logitech, does it work?

EDIT

** If your logitech is not attached to your pc when you sleep, can you wake up flirc **

Edited by jason

I don't particularly like this, as it's not following the standard.

How about the control panel option I pointed to previously?

Hello Jason

If I unplug the Flirc from the HTPC when it is Sleeping it does not Wake, however, on my Desktop if I unplug the Flirc while it is Sleeping it does Wake.

These two computers are not the same hardware.

The Desktop PC is based on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3P, Intel Q9650 Processor, AMD graphics card and is running Windows 10 Pro

My HTPC is based on the ASUS H110I-Plus, Intel Core i7 6700 and using the on board Graphics (Intel 530).

Thanks

Kevin

Hello Jason

If I unplug the Flirc from the HTPC when it is Sleeping it does not Wake, however, on my Desktop if I unplug the Flirc while it is Sleeping it does Wake.

These two computers are not the same hardware.

The Desktop PC is based on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3P, Intel Q9650 Processor, AMD graphics card and is running Windows 10 Pro

My HTPC is based on the ASUS H110I-Plus, Intel Core i7 6700 and using the on board Graphics (Intel 530).

Thanks

Kevin

Ugh, it's gotta be windows. If I can't even tell the computer that the device disappeared, nothing is going to work. Something is stopping all recognition from my device in windows. Why your logitech has anything to do with it, it's beyond me. Do you have any logitech software installed?

you mean ?

powercfg -h off

its allready done

Didn't you mention if you put the computer to sleep with the suspend key on the remote control, it will wake it up again?

How are you putting your computer to sleep? You should be able to tell your computer which modes to go into as mentioned in that thread: http://cl.flirc.io/jIC2

I would try all those sleep modes.

Ugh, it's gotta be windows. If I can't even tell the computer that the device disappeared, nothing is going to work. Something is stopping all recognition from my device in windows. Why your logitech has anything to do with it, it's beyond me. Do you have any logitech software installed?

Hello Jason

There is no additional software installed for the Logitech Keyboard, I just plug in the Adapter and it just works.

Thanks

Kevin

Didn't you mention if you put the computer to sleep with the suspend key on the remote control, it will wake it up again?

How are you putting your computer to sleep? You should be able to tell your computer which modes to go into as mentioned in that thread: http://cl.flirc.io/jIC2

I would try all those sleep modes.

i try it but nothing changes.

has the old flirc the same probs? i will order that one, maby

Hello Jason

I just ran the Flirc Util command again and I got something new, I have enclosed the results below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc>flirc_util.exe device_log
<1>malloc_addblock(49): Heap Block: 0x20001FAC - 0x20002FFF (4k)
<3>init_modules(419): Module Load Error: &module = 0x0000EA80
<3>log_output_init(42): no log hw found
<3>init_modules(419): Module Load Error: &module = 0x0000EB10
<3>ir_finished(55): too many edges
<3>ir_finished(55): too many edge

The last two lines have never occured before.

Thanks

Kevin

Thanks for the efforts guys... I use an ASUS Chromebox with OPENELEC over WiFi attached to an HDMI switch (that switches inputs when the device is powered on or put to sleep)... and the ability to wake the device is the reason I bought the flirc... 

Hopefully what you guys figure out will work for my setup as well.