Flirc Forums

FLIRC disconnected after going to sleep

madmanuel

Hello all

Unfortunately it seems I was premature in stating that my issues were fixed.

I installed the new version (v2.2.1), rebooted and then, using my Remote I put the PC to Sleep, then I selected my HTPC Activity on my Harmony Remote and the PC Resumed.

At this point, thinking that the issues were fixed I put the PC to sleep again and went to watch some TV.

Unfortunately, upon returning to the PC I selected the HTPC Activity on my Remote however the PC did not Resume this time, I had to use my USB Wireless Keyboard to Resume it.

Upon checking, the Flirc USB is showing as Disconnected again, sorry.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Cowans

Hello all

Unfortunately it seems I was premature in stating that my issues were fixed.

I installed the new version, rebooted and then, using my Remote I put the PC to Sleep, then I selected my HTPC Activity on my Harmony Remote and the PC Resumed.

At this point, thinking that the issues were fixed I put the PC to sleep again and went to watch some TV.

Unfortunately, upon returning to the PC I selected the HTPC Activity on my Remote however the PC did not Resume this time, I had to use my USB Wireless Keyboard to Resume it.

Upon checking, the Flirc USB is showing as Disconnected again, sorry.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

i have the same

2 times the pc gets waked up with the stick but when its on (in the windows) the flirc is disconnected, i have to remove it and plug it in again

the advanced settings are greyed out.

Edited by Foxxi

I haven't had any issues since the update, I use it on a daily basis as well. Have you tried on a different PC to see if you run into the same problems?

I also noticed after the update I had to change the usb port that flirc is plugged in to because it had connection issues. Prior to the update I was messing around a lot with the USB power management settings in hopes of getting it to work, using a different port on a different internal hub fixed it for me.

Thanks Kevin for pointing me back to this thread. Can you try the attached.

File->Upgrade, point to this image.

Does it ever work, or is it intermittent.

nemo.beta-4.0.11.bin

Hello Jason

I have updated the FW and will test it over the next few days and post my findings here.

Unfortunately this issue is the worst kind, intermittent, however, it happens more often than not.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Bad news I'm afraid - although initially it looked like it was working, every now and then it just wont wake from sleep.

It does however always show as connected in the GUI (even if wake from sleep didnt work). Also i can always wake up the PC using a keyboard when the FLIRC doesnt work, so USB wake is ok.

Edited by revs

did you re register the wake up button again? i had the same but after reg the wake up, it works great

I havent, as I assumed that after it worked a few times that I didnt need to re-register.

Since my last post, its worked, still testing (i have the PC set to sleep every few minutes, and when it does I grab the remote and test)

Kevin, Foxxi, can you guys tell summarize problem with each version. Also, what OS are you guys running on? .11 was actually waking for you both? Let's come up with some terminology:

present on wake: device shows up when the computer wakes up

wakes from suspend: device will wake the machine up from a suspend state. 

Simple true or false for each of these would be extremely helpful, also, these are independent of each other.

Thanks for the help.

Also, I ship a commandline version with the GUI. Make sure the GUI is closed, and then run the following command:

flirc_util (or flirc_util.exe if on windows) device_log

This will spit out a log of information to the commandline, please paste that here as well.

Kevin, Foxxi, can you guys tell summarize problem with each version. Also, what OS are you guys running on? .11 was actually waking for you both? Let's come up with some terminology:

Windows 10 Home x64 (up to date as of today)

present on wake: device shows up when the computer wakes up

True

wakes from suspend: device will wake the machine up from a suspend state. 

False

Simple true or false for each of these would be extremely helpful, also, these are independent of each other.

Thanks for the help.

Also, running the command you gave gives the following error:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc> .\flirc_util.exe device_log
[D] lib/libtransport/hid.c hid_send_packet(83): I
Error getting version
device disconnected, can't run command

I checked in the Flirc GUI and the Device is showing as connected.

I hope this helps.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Also, running the command you gave gives the following error:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc> .\flirc_util.exe device_log
[D] lib/libtransport/hid.c hid_send_packet(83): I
Error getting version
device disconnected, can't run command

I checked in the Flirc GUI and the Device is showing as connected.

I hope this helps.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

the gui needs to be closed for the commandline to work