Flirc Forums

FLIRC disconnected after going to sleep

madmanuel

Hi, 

I just received a new FLIRC (the new model).  I'm running FW 4.05 and GUI 2.0.1 on a Asrock Z77 Pro4 (Windows 7) I'm having two problems: firstly, I can't get the FLIRC to wake the computer.  I've tried enabling and disabling "Wake from USB mouse/kb" in the MB BIOS.  I've also tried selecting (and deselecting) all of the "Allow device to wake from sleep" check boxes in device manager to no effect.  What is weird is that my computer wakes up from sleep fine using a logitech diNovo edge bluetooth keyboard, but nothing happens through FLIRC. 

Additionally, and this is probably related, whenever I wake the computer from sleep using the keyboard, FLIRC is disconnected, and I need to remove it and plug it back in again.  I've tried plugging it in multiple USB 2.0 and 3.0 slots, and they all produce the same error.  

Also, in the FAQ, I saw that sometimes power supplies can be an issue, but I've got a Seasonic PS, so I don't think that's the issue.  

I also made sure that "sleep detection" is checked

Any ideas? I'd really like to be able to turn my computer on/off with my new harmony remote.

Should I try installing 1.4.4? does that work with the newer FLIRC models?

TY in advance! 

Hello

I too have the exact same issues as you.

I received the new v2 Flirc USB today and have managed to get it working with all the required keys for Plex Media Player without issue.

Unfortunately, I am unable to get my Harmony One Remote to send the HTPC to Sleep or to Wake it when starting the HTPC Activity.

Also, when I send the HTPC to Sleep, using the Keyboard, upon Waking, again with a Keyboard press, the Flirc is shown as 'Disconnected' and it has to be unplugged and plugged in again for it to be recognised.

I am running Windows 10 Home x64 on an Asus H110I-Plus Motherboard and the Flirc is on FW 4.05 and GUI 2.0.2.

The keyboard I am using is the Logitech K830 Wireless Keyboard.

If you need any further details please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

P.S

The v1.4.4 software will not work with the v2 Flirc USB (as I discovered).

Edited by Kevin Cowans

Hello Jason

Just a slight update.

I spent some time last night with this and I am now able to have the HTPC Sleep when changing Activities on the Harmony, however, the issue remains with Waking the HTPC.

Basically, I set the Harmony to Suspend and Wake the HTPC using the same Key (PowerOff) and then matched the Flirc Suspend / Wake key to use this command.

The issue remains in that I am still only able to Wake the HTPC by using the Wireless Keyboard.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hello Jason

I just installed v2.0.3 (FW still at 4.0.5) and the issue remains with the Flirc being Disconnected after coming out of Sleep.

I am also unable to Wake the computer from Sleep.

Just to check I have configured the Sleep / Wake correctly, what I have done is the following:

Teach Flirc to recognise the 'Screenshot' command to send the Computer to Sleep, this works.
Teach Flirc to recognise the 'Playback Test' command to Wake the Computer, this does not work.

I have then configured the Harmony Remote to use these commands on Starting and Stopping the Activity.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hello Jason

Something I noticed, when the Flirc USB is shown as Disconnected, if you go into Device Manager the Flirc HID Keyboard Device is not shown.

Now, in Device Manager go to View and Show Hidden Devices and the Flirc HID Keyboard Device will show, dimmed.

If you select the Device, under Device Status it shows the Device is not only not working but is not recognised as being Plugged In.

I hope this helps in some small way.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Happy to hear everyone else having this issue... trying not get frustrated. Only had the device a week and i've spent quite some time just getting this damn feature to work. Everything in device manager seems fine, in the bios is set correct, i've got wake function activated, the key set, etc... it will not work. keyboards and everything else will wake it, but flirc won't. Whats more regardless of the USB port the flirc device won't come back online unless i unplug and replug back in. Damn shame this is the last thing holding me back from completing this project. 

I just received the new Flirc adapter last night and was running into the same issue of not being able to wake the computer, and having to unplug/replug it in after sleeping in order for device manager to show it.

I found a fix so you wont have to unplug and replug the device after sleeping. In device manager, I made sure all the devices related to Flirc had "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" unchecked, and "Allow this device to wake the computer" checked. The important thing is to make sure the root hub on the USB Host Controller has "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" Checked. I know this will prevent waking the computer from the remote, but it's not working right now anyway. This is just a temporary solution for me until and fix is released.

I'm hoping this gets fixed soon, it's not the end of the world but it still gets me pretty bummed out. I hope this temporary fix helps

EDIT: I updated to the latest firmware on my Flirc, now no matter what I try, whenever I suspend the system I have to unplug and replug the Flirc, didn't know what firmware I was on originally because the GUI only shows 4.0 on every firmware version even though the latest is 4.0.5

Edited by Bean72

Hello Jason

Just a quick update.

After installing v2.0.4 I did a couple of tests.

If I put the computer to Sleep using the Sleep command in the Start Menu (Windows 10) and then press a Key on the Keyboard to turn it on again then the Flirc is still shown as Connected.

However, if I put the computer to Sleep using the Remote (Sleep / Wake) button assigned to PowerOff then use the Keyboard to turn the computer back on then the Flirc is shown as Disconnected.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Cowans

Seems I have the same issue with wake up on Chromebox Openelec.I loaded configuration saved from my v1 Flirc and also tried setting it up from scratch. v1 is OK, same configuration on v2. I noticed that flirc_util shows "sleep detection:  NA" when dumping settings:

Flirc v1: 

flirc_util version v2.0.4 [v2.0.4+]
  Firmware: v3.5.0 [0x77E94DBB]

Settings:
  sleep detection:  Enabled
  noise canceler:   Disabled
  inter-key delay:  3
  seq. modifiers:   Enabled
  variant:          Unknown
  builtin profiles: Enable

Flirc v2:

flirc_util version v2.0.4 [v2.0.4+]
  Firmware: v4.0.5 [0x98DF4099]

Settings:
  sleep detection:  NA
  noise canceler:   NA
  inter-key delay:  NA
  seq. modifiers:   NA
  variant:          Flirc
  builtin profiles: NA
  Memory Info:      NA

The GUI application shows all checkboxes in the advanced settings checked but toggling any doesn't take effect. Inter-key delay in GUI shows blank and changing it doesn't take any effect either. Force-updated firmware with sleep detection enabled - no change, still NAs in all settings.

I'll have to return my new Flirc and it's pity because I really like the new size and design but we'll have to wait until it's resolved.

Chalk me up as another user having this issue...

I bought the flirc specifically so i could suspend and resume my openelec chromebox... I only have WIFI, and my TV only has 1 HDMI with a HDMI switch... so I have to suspend the chromebox to switch sources back to DISH...

Please address this ASAP