Flirc Forums

No continuous input from remote scroll buttons

ORWS

All,

I've recently bought a Flirc to use with the RC of Humax decoder. The RC has two modes to switch between, one for the decoder and one to pair with pretty much any TV. Since I'm not using the decoder anyway I've paired the TV mode with my TV and I'm using the decoder mode to interact with the Flirc. This works almost flawlessly except for one very annoying issue.

Holding down the up/down scroll buttons when working with the decoder gives a continuous input to the decoder. Holding down these buttons in TV mode also gives continuous input to my TV. However, when using with Flirc holding down the up/down scroll buttons my HTPC only recieves a single input. This way I have to tap the up/down buttons for every record I want to scroll through in pretty much all types of lists present in Kodi.

How do I fix this? At least to me it's clear the RC itself is transmitting some sort of continous signal when holding down said buttons otherwise it wouldn't work with the TV and decoder.

Thanks!

Edited by ORWS

What firmware version does you Flirc have installed? It's displayed in the Flirc GUI when Flirc is connected. I don't know what IR protocol Humax uses. I've found some information that it may be using NEC proto. Key repeat should work with NEC, but I think there was some Flirc firmware revision where key repeat didn't work with NEC.