Flirc Forums

Harmony one setup with fire tv & kodi

Ac98

How do I program my harmony one remote to work with my fire tv and kodi app on the fire tv?  I have a Sony tv which responds to the harmony remote but the flirc plugged into the fire tv does not respond.  Can you please walk me through the steps of programming my harmony one to work with my fire tv and the kodi app?  Thank you.

Hi - you need to update the firmware to 3.8, you can do this by visiting their website and downloading the  application for either Windows or Mac.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to put the Fire TV to sleep.  Holding down the assigned Home button on the Logitech 650 will take you to the home screen - but a long hold does not bring up the sleep option.

I did update my firmware.  The only way I was able to have the home key work was to add TWO devices to my harmony remote:  Flirc kodi AND Flirc fire tv.  I ONLY use the Flirc fire tv device for the home button on the lcd screen of my harmony one.

Sorry going to hijack your thread a little as its the same remote / setup but different issue.

I've setup the remove in the Harmony software using the Flirc > Kodi device setting. The problem is i've got a panasonic TV and the buttons for Menu, Info etc activates the tv's menu as well as Kodi's.

Whats the best solution to this? from what i've read it doesn't work well when you set things up for a media PC

Update 

Managed to stop the menu and info buttons in the custom settings in Harmony.

My last issue is when switching activities between the fire tv and sky. If I do this its as if its sending two select commands to the fire tv before it switches. Any ideas?  

Update

finally after 1 1/2 days worked it out :)

It was the source setting on my tv. On all the activities i'd set the tv source to hdmi 3 which is right but it seems that involved to inputs one being the select.

I only every use hdmi 3 as i've got an AV so I removed all the source settings and bingo it works. 

Edited by agentwalker

• 3 years later...
On 10/31/2016 at 6:10 PM, Ac98 said:

How do I program my harmony one remote to work with my fire tv and kodi app on the fire tv?  I have a Sony tv which responds to the harmony remote but the flirc plugged into the fire tv does not respond.  Can you please walk me through the steps of programming my harmony one to work with my fire tv and the kodi app?  Thank you.

I added the Fire Stick to my devices on my Harmony One. Brand: Amazon  Model: Fire Stick TV. Once its added I just created a new activity and added the Fire Stick to that activity. The Harmony One remote just replaces the Fire Stick remote for me.

Edited by Darryl S