Flirc Forums

MX900 & flirc

nsil

Hi all and thanks for looking. I'm not having much luck with flirc and my Mx900 URC remote. Any time I program one key another key gets recorded or wiped out. I'm about ready to return this unfortunately. I've been battling this for 2 days now. I updated to the latest firmware (3.8) and no change in behavior. My remote works perfectly with all my other components. Not sure what im doing wrong. If anyone has experience with keys remapping on their own or how best to get this going please let me know.

Thanks!

Both files are identical. Have you tried going to file->format configuration. Give it another go. 

I see two buttons recorded in both files.

I'll take a look tonight. But the problem is that this happens after programming. For instance if I program the page up and down buttons on the remote they'll both "record successfully". But if I test it by pressing the buttons they'll both send a pg down. So how would I capture a before and after config? Also worth mentioning I've tried this on another remote and it shows similar behavior in that keys that appear recorded successfully end up either not recorded at all or perform on another button. Happy to still help because I want this to work! But frustrated too. 

Thanks I've tried multiple profiles all from the Microsoft group. I guess it can't hurt to try a tv profile. My personal feeling is the flirc s/w is buggy. No offense to Flirc just saying. 

To be honest I just can't understand why so many people are sticking to MS MCE profiles on their universal remotes to use with Flirc. My best experience so far was with NEC family protocols used by LG and Samsung hardware (at least some of them). Personally I'm using a profile for some Samsung TV which uses NECx2 protocol and I don't have any issues with Flirc connected to Raspberry Pi 2 running OSMC.

Even though I'm happy with my setup right now, I'm planning to do some further tests with other protocols. A software for my remote gives me ability to manually create any profile I want: I can select a protocol from rather comprehensive list of them and define any button codes I want for each of the keys. Only problem is the lack of time.

Edited by yawor