Flirc Forums

Newbie Help - Flirc, Kodi and Logitech Smart Remote

PhilC

Having just put my first Raspberry PI with OSMC together and plugged in an Flirc, it was easy to select the Flirc Kodi profile on the remote setup. So 10/10 for getting this to work so well.

Now, I need to do something a bit more, in that I want to map the S (Shutdown) and C (Context menu I think!) commands in Kodi to the remote using the GUI.  It is here my lack of knowledge lets me down.

Can someone walk me through how I use the GUI to add the Shutdown and Context menu commands to Flirc so I can add them to the Logitech remote?

I am assuming I need to take over two of the commands in the Harmony profile that I am not using - say AspectRatio - and get Flirc to respond to this command and send the remapped command to Kodi ?

If I am even close to understanding this, it will surprise me :-)

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Phil

I won't help you with the Harmony settings because I don't have one, but you somehow need to add extra buttons to the Kodi profile/device in the remote (they can be from different profile). After that you need to plug Flirc into your PC and run Flirc GUI application where you can assign S and R keys to appropriate buttons on your remote.

You can also remap some current buttons like you've said yourself.

On the other hand the shutdown command is not very useful with OSMC on Raspberry Pi. RPi doesn't have power management so when you shut it down you'll need to unplug the power yourself and plug it back.

Also in the latest version of Kodi (it's already in OSMC) they've added long press support. By default you get two long press buttons:
- press and hold enter (OK) button for context menu
- press and hold backspace (Back) button for shutdown menu

Ah fresh day always helps :-)

Actually I didn't need to do anything.  The Harmony profile had both keys in I needed; the Context Menu is actual ContextMenu (not sure how I missed that) and the Shutdown Menu is PowerOff.

Appreciate the Shutdown isn't that helpful, but it does allow for a Restart - or clean Shutdown - from the handset to save just pulling out the power (useful if some settings have been changed that need a restart).

Great product - also got the case and that is excellent as well.

Phil