Flirc Forums

Killed my Flirc

St Veronus

Hello,

I just purchased 2 dongles for my 2 AFTV's controlled by 2 Harmony 650's.  I downloaded the Windows installer today (1.4.4) and installed it.  I plugged the first dongle in, changed the remote to AFTV, started the programming, and pushed buttons on 650#1 to correspond with my choices.  Made it thru just fine.  Ejected the dongle, tested on AFTV#1 and it works beautifully.

Grab dongle#2, plug it in, registers fine with connected and firmware 3.6.  Grab 650#2, start the AFTV remote programming sequence and I get the button already programmed error.  Not knowing what happened or searching here first, I clicked on the Advanced>Force Firmware Upgrade.  I get the popup for using 3.8 and click okay.  I hear the dongle get disconnected, then the "Flirc.exe has stopped working" program crash in Windows 8.1.  Now whenever I'm running the app and insert this dongle#2, it crashes the app.  I can successfully plug dongle#1 in and it is fine, so I think I may have killed my dongle#2 trying to do the firmware update.

Please advise if I need to return this unit.

Cheers,
Ryan

• 6 months later...