Flirc Forums

What is the fastest IR protocol?

sofakng

Does anybody know what is the fastest IR protocol?

It seems like certain protocols are often faster than other protocols, so what is the best (fastest) protocol to use with Flirc?  I'd trying to find something that can send keystrokes as fast as I can press buttons my remote control.  (I'm using a universal remote control that can emulate any IR protocol)

Does anybody know what is the fastest IR protocol?

It seems like certain protocols are often faster than other protocols, so what is the best (fastest) protocol to use with Flirc?  I'd trying to find something that can send keystrokes as fast as I can press buttons my remote control.  (I'm using a universal remote control that can emulate any IR protocol)

Unfortunately, there is a limitation in the flirc hardware that keeps me from saving enough information to accomplish what you want.

However, if you pick  remote control with RC6 support, and decrease the interkey delay in the advanced settings, you should be pretty responsive. Let us know if you have luck with that.