Flirc Forums

Power On/Off Windows 7 PC

fajung

is it possible to use Flirc to Power On/Off the PC?
it is an ASUS motherboard with Windows 7 pro x64. later on I'll install a Linux OS.

Flirc is plug in the case front left side usb port(if this matter)
I've tried to do it with the command flirc_util record power,  it got save succesfully, but when I press the button asigned nothing happens.

my flirc firmware is 3.1

Hi,

With a standard Flirc model (the USB stick form factor) you can only wake the PC from the sleep or hibernation states. You can't turn on the PC from full shutdown state - USB ports don't allow such functionality. For this function to work you need to enable sleep detection in advanced options in Flirc GUI. If you don't record the wake button then any already recorded key will wake the PC. You can also record the wake key (available in GUI, full keyboard view) and then only the wake key will wake the PC. The power key doesn't work with this Flirc model.

There's also a second Flirc model called Flirc-SE (Streacom Edition). It is in form of a pc board with header connectors. You connect one to the internal USB port header and the other to power switch on the case and power switch connector on the motherboard. This model can turn on the PC from full shutdown state because it can operate the power switch connection. The power key you've recorded works only with this model. It is designed to be mounted inside of the PC case.