Flirc Forums

Nexus Player, every other keypress issue

3rob3

Hello,

Trying to set up FLIRC on my new Nexus Player. I have tried with a Microsoft RC6 MCE remote, and the black Xbox 360 Media remote. It is pretty clear that only every other keypress is received but I can't figure out how to fix it. I have read the tip "Every Second Key Press Doesn't Work" (about recording each button twice) but after trying for many hours yesterday it still is not working. Running the latest GUI and firmware.

Can anyone help me out?

Hi,

Have you followed the tip correctly from beginning to the end? If yes then it should work. Remember to record the same button at least two times. For example press Up in GUI, press Up button in the GUI and repeat the procedure for the Up right away (without pressing any other key on the remote in the meantime). You can try repeating more than twice (you need to get "already recorded" error everytime you try to repeat recording for the button).

Hi, Thank you for the response. Yes, I have done the recording repeatedly. It seems fairly random when I will get the "already recorded" message. Sometimes I can record 6 times in a row, sometimes only two. I will try again this evening making sure to do each button repeatedly before moving on to the next button.

So, I cleared the configuration and started over (using Xbox remote) and programmed every button twice. It worked pretty well for a while, then started to miss a lot of button presses. I think I have come to the conclusion that my TV has a lot of IR interference and my problem has nothing to do with FLIRC or the remote. I have had IR issues with my Xbox 360 but always thought that was just due to the Xbox receiver. Now I am realizing it is probably my TV.

Thanks for the help!