Flirc Forums

Please help me!

furyflirc

I have been using FLIRC to control Windows Media Center and life was good. It started getting a bit spotty, but I was still able to use it. I decided to upgrade from the 1.0 firmware to the most current firmware in hopes that it would go back to 100%. This did not work as I had hoped.

The first issue is that my plasma TV was interfering when I tried to set FLIRC up with the included software, so I ended up completely unplugging my plasma and getting as far away from it as I could for setup. I was able to teach the flirc all of the commands that I wanted, and it seemed to be working OK for the first day. The next day it wouldn't respond to any of my button presses. I tried messing with every setting, I read threads for suggestions along with the FAQ, tried every USB port on my PC and even got a USB extender, all to no avail.

I thought that maybe the firmware upgrade had killed it, so I decided to buy a new FLIRC unit from Amazon. Of course, being a new unit it also came with the most current firmware. The exact same thing happened. Now I have two FLIRC units that don't work.

Can someone help me out here? FLIRC really made my system more enjoyable to use, and having to use a keyboard is a pain.

Oh yeah, when I first got FLIRC I was using it with an LCD TV. I only upgrade to my plasma, which I love, a few months ago.