Flirc Forums

Why is flirc still so shit at keeping everything the same.

PeteNelis

I have 2 flircs. The first one went well straight off the bat. The second has been shit. Then I accidentally upgraded the firmware on the first one, now I have two that are shit. Can't you just make a program that reads an editable xml file or something? It really is starting to piss me off now!!

The two flircs are running the latest firmware which I thought would've been sorted by now but obviously isn't.

The flircs lose their settings!! I am running a windows 7 32bit media center as a HTPC. All works then I lose a button. Then the whole lot goes. Without the computer even doing a reboot or anything. Reinstalling the same firmware then clearing the setting then reloading the settings gets it going, but with the wrong commands. I know I saved the correct settings, but it's either reloading it wrong or it didn't save it correctly to begin with.

Pause and play were two seperate commands working fine but now play is on the record button and the play button is control+alt+shift+t(using flirc utilities-key events to find that out).

The stop button stopped working, key events came up with nothing even though the flirc gui said the stop button was stop and that i could redo it. I erased the stop button, then reprogrammed it now keyevents comes up with ctrl+alt+shift+s. I erased it again and using the key board menu re-recorded it as ctrl+shift+s, but the key events is saying it's recorded as ctrl+shift+alt+s again. What gives!! I've tried different remotes, did a reinstall of the operating system(not purposely for the flirc). Computer restarts as well. After all these years I thought you'd have this sorted by now.

I can't even up load my configuration file because it says "No file was selected for upload" even though it was.

I have 2 flircs. The first one went well straight off the bat. The second has been shit. Then I accidentally upgraded the firmware on the first one, now I have two that are shit. Can't you just make a program that reads an editable xml file or something? It really is starting to piss me off now!!

The two flircs are running the latest firmware which I thought would've been sorted by now but obviously isn't.

The flircs lose their settings!! I am running a windows 7 32bit media center as a HTPC. All works then I lose a button. Then the whole lot goes. Without the computer even doing a reboot or anything. Reinstalling the same firmware then clearing the setting then reloading the settings gets it going, but with the wrong commands. I know I saved the correct settings, but it's either reloading it wrong or it didn't save it correctly to begin with.

Pause and play were two seperate commands working fine but now play is on the record button and the play button is control+alt+shift+t(using flirc utilities-key events to find that out).

The stop button stopped working, key events came up with nothing even though the flirc gui said the stop button was stop and that i could redo it. I erased the stop button, then reprogrammed it now keyevents comes up with ctrl+alt+shift+s. I erased it again and using the key board menu re-recorded it as ctrl+shift+s, but the key events is saying it's recorded as ctrl+shift+alt+s again. What gives!! I've tried different remotes, did a reinstall of the operating system(not purposely for the flirc). Computer restarts as well. After all these years I thought you'd have this sorted by now.

I can't even up load my configuration file because it says "No file was selected for upload" even though it was.

I know what the problem is. I've had a really hard time these past few weeks. I'm going to release an update over the weekend that allows people to change this setting before I figure out how to do it on the fly. Hang in there and watch the beta forums. I'm sorry for your frustration. What firmware were you at previously?

The first one was V1.0 or something. GUI was good and firmware was good till I stuffed it up by upgrading the firmware, but eventually got it working mostly. Second one was V2 or something. Shit from the start. Had to program it through DOS because it wouldn't work on the GUI. Would've of been good but accidentally programmed 3 buttons wrong and couldn't for the life of me erase it on DOS or on the GUI, but lived with it. When the latest version came out I hoped all the small issues would be fixed. I upgraded 1 of them, had a few dramas programing it but eventually got it mint(still had to use AutoHotkey though for skip back and fast foward). Saved the config file and used it to upgrade the 2nd flirc. But now I'm worse off because they are now both affected and I have to get off my ass and skip the ad with the mouse by the TV.

Recently built a Media Center for a friend and opted for a Dell RC6 Media Center remote and IR receiver in stead of a flirc. Something that I may have to do on my own system.

The first one was V1.0 or something. GUI was good and firmware was good till I stuffed it up by upgrading the firmware, but eventually got it working mostly. Second one was V2 or something. Shit from the start. Had to program it through DOS because it wouldn't work on the GUI. Would've of been good but accidentally programmed 3 buttons wrong and couldn't for the life of me erase it on DOS or on the GUI, but lived with it. When the latest version came out I hoped all the small issues would be fixed. I upgraded 1 of them, had a few dramas programing it but eventually got it mint(still had to use AutoHotkey though for skip back and fast foward). Saved the config file and used it to upgrade the 2nd flirc. But now I'm worse off because they are now both affected and I have to get off my ass and skip the ad with the mouse by the TV.

Recently built a Media Center for a friend and opted for a Dell RC6 Media Center remote and IR receiver in stead of a flirc. Something that I may have to do on my own system.

I'm really sorry you are having trouble. But there is no reason for name calling. I do this on my own, and to fundraise for cancer research. Without anything constructive, I can't fix the problem. 

If you could please help by describing the problem a bit more, I can try to address it. Or better yet, we can connect on skype and go back and forth with questions. But please give me the opportunity to try to help. I understand you are frustrated. I'm sorry about that.