Flirc Forums

Flirc-SE double-tap to wake from S5

bipolarbear

Hi, I thought I has sorted this but... now I notice that I need to select 'Power On' on my harmony 2 times before the flirc will power-on from S5.  It doesn't seem to matter the delay between the taps, the flirc is somehow recording one tap and waiting for the second before powering-on.  I don't know if this might be related to the 'sleep detect' function in the gui - but on or off it makes no difference - is it broken?

Hey,

I also noticed that behavior. My Harmony Ultimate One and Streacom FLIRC-SE only seem to wake my Windows 8.1 HTPC sporadically. I added an second wake command to "Watch Series/Movie" action profile to be sent when activating it.

I enabled sleep detection and built-in (Harmony) profiles in the advanced options of the flirc gui. Firmware Version is 3.6.

Are we doing somehing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I think that this may be a Harmony issue rather than the Flirc one. I don't have Harmony so I won't be much of a help in this area but maybe there is some setting for the power button to send different signals on consecutive presses?

I just replicated the problem with an MCE remote, so it's not unique to the harmony.  I tried using the harmony software to get it to send a double power-on signal but I couldn't get it to work, but the harmony software is not very intuitive I have to say. and sounds like SAE above has got it working so i'll have another look at it.  It's still a work-around however.

MCE remotes use RC6 protocol which alternates two (or more) codes at each press of a button - not only power button but every one of them. It requires recording each button at least two times with the same key combination in the GUI. It is a well known issue with MCE remotes here on the forum and I think this has nothing to do with the way Harmony remote behaves. You can also use the same trick that is used with MCE remotes and just record the power button two times.