Flirc Forums

review prorgramming FLIRC (Windows) but Russian

glazgb

Hi,

Nice instructions. I don't speak Russian but I've translated it using Google Translator to check it out. As for the IR noise you need to check for possible sources of it. It can be a Plasma TV or incandescent light. You can try turning off lights in the room and check if you still need the foil. Without the foil you should record buttons from the remote from some distance (1-2 meters away from the receiver) or point the remote in different direction (for example at the ceiling).

I've also looked at the comments. I see a lot references to cheaper IR receivers. You should point out that Flirc is not just a simple IR receiver. It acts as an USB keyboard and after programming it doesn't need any software installed on the machine at all (for example you can do programming on one PC but use it in another - for example an HTPC connected to a TV receiver and the HTPC doesn't need any additional software installed for Flirc to work).