Flirc Forums

Yay, just what I was looking for to use with my UEI Atlas 1056B03

mrplow

Just ordered one of these bad boys to use with my Nexus Player with kodi.

As much as I love the big Atlas remotes they have way too many buttons I'll never use. I'll be on the hunt for a replacement soon I think.

My setup is only the nexus player for use with kodi (downloads, recorded shows, OTA with mythtv addon) and netflix, no cable.

I'm still trying to figure out how many buttons I'd actually like ha ha. Being a long time user of xbmc on my original xbox I loved the game controller setup so perhaps I'll try to find a remote with the same number of buttons. Hardest part is finding a universal remote that doesn't have those useless number buttons.

Thanks @yawor, I really like the look and shape of the OneForAll URC-6440. Still I think having multiple device buttons on the remote would mess up the wife. With the 1056B03 you can reprogram the device buttons to all be for the same device to stop my wife from switching to device modes that do nothing ha ha.

You can also do this on these models. You can switch device type on all device buttons to the same type (for example I have a TV type device on PVR on URC-6440) and then use the same code on all of them.

A nice thing with these remotes is that when you press any button you actually see to which device a remote is actually sending the signal because the selected device button itself lights up.