Flirc Forums

FLIRC not working after programming

patb74

Hello,

I got my FLIRC a few days ago and I'm able to record commands, but when I plug it into my HTPC the remote doesn't work. 

Here is my setup:

GIGABYTE GB-BXI3H-4010

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit

Harmony One remote - Flirc XBMC device programmed

Plex

Flirc info:

v1.3.5 Gui

Firmware v3.6

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks! 

If you're using the XBMC profile in harmony remote then you don't need to assign keys to the flirc - we've done that for you. (just ensure "built in profile" is enabled in the flirc gui (file ---> advanced settings)

Is the flirc recognised in the device manager for the windows 7 enterprise machine? (this is the HTPC?)

What device did you program the flirc with, does flirc control that computer fine?

Depending on your answers it may be an issue with flirc and windows, if so check here: https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/200286467-Windows

Let us know how you get on either way :)

• 2 years later...

I have this very same problem. I am running Flirc on Windows 7 pro with a Logitech Harmony 350 remote. I can see in the GUI Flirc is connected and says its recording keys. But outside of the GUI the remote does nothing at all. I have confirmed the Flirc and remote work fine on my Mac computer with the default Kodi profiles. I have tried reinstalling, reprogramming remote, Zadig driver install, but nothing is getting it to work on my Windows HTPC.

Edited by Unread