Flirc Forums

Flirc gone wild.

jcfaber1

I am setting up a Kodi box with Win8.1, Harmony900 remote and Flirc. I used the flirc software for XBMC,Harmony profile for Flirc. Went through assigning keys in Flirc. Flirc is sending endless 1's and wanting to change channels with no keystrokes pressed. It will do this with the battery in the remote removed. Flirc is clearly on drugs! What do I do? I made changes in Flirc advanced and in Harmony as recommended for duplicate or runaway keys.

John

I used the flirc software for XBMC,Harmony profile for Flirc. Went through assigning keys in Flirc.

If you used the flirc profile in myharmony then you shouldn't need to pair them using the Flirc GUI.

Your Flirc may have recorded a lot of background noise. Try opening the Flirc GUI, file menu ---> Clear configuration.

When recording commands with flirc we sometimes need to be careful (with respect to background noise) as flirc is tuned to be sensitive so as to pick up many different types of remote. When everything is recorded then you don't need to be as careful.

Did this help?

Clear the configuration and only make sure that built-in profiles are enabled in advanced settings. In MyHarmony add Flirc/XBMC profile to your Harmony remote.

You don't need to select XBMC/Kodi controller in the GUI. That's only for recording buttons manually (for people who don't want to use built-in profiles or don't have Harmony remote). You can also record extra buttons in addition to the built-in profile ones. But if you don't want to modify anything beyond the built-in profile you don't need to record anything.

BTW it seems that you have a high IR background noise that makes Flirc go crazy. What kind of lights do you have in home? Some light sources can do this. Also a Plasma TV is a big source of IR radiation.

OK. That helps a lot. Thanks for your help. Now I have a different problem. The Logitech harmony 900 remote is both an RF and IR remote. The components including the PC with the FLIRC are in a cabinet with doors that do not have windows. The remote is supposed to send an RF signal that then generates an IR signal out through the IR blasters. It is not communicating through the RF and and then not sending the IR signal. I have verified that IR is working. All of my other components are working properly. So what do we do?

John

Edited by jcfaber1

The problem does seem to be caused by interference from the plasma TV.  I put the computer with the Flirc into the cabinet and the problem went away.  For the RF configuration problem, I was a little surprised that the Harmony software did not automatically turn on RF for the Flirc like it has for all of my other components.  Not a big deal but I forgot about the ability to turn it on manually.  When all else fails read the directions!  Now I need to add features such as how to open Kodi when it minimizes sometimes over night. 

John

Thanks for the follow up.

Now I need to add features such as how to open Kodi when it minimizes sometimes over night. 

Can do that by assigning a keyboard combination to open an app.

You might need to add a button to the harmony profile (I wrote the guide the other day).

Then map the keyboard combination in flirc to the button.