Flirc Forums

Flirc not sending commands to Windows 8 PC.

Taco Truck

I am running Kodi on a Windows 8 machine, and use a Harmony Smart Control to navigate. After working fine for several months my Flirc seemed to stop receiving commands. Any button press was ignored. The receiver also failed to receive commands when in Windows' start menu. I used to use it to enter my PIN to login, but now that won't even work so that tell me it's not a software issue, at least not related to Kodi.

I reinstalled Windows, and that was of no help. I used the Flirc utility to upgrade the Flirc firmware to 3.4, that didn't help. I used Zadig to upgrade the driver to libusbk 3.0.7.0, but that fixed nothing. Last time I had a similar problem I fixed it by downloading libusb1.0.dll and placing it in my syswow64 folder, but I already tried that again and it didn't help.

What can I do?

Edit: The Flirc software does state Flirc is connected, and I'm able to record commands. I tried programming a universal remote, and I was able to record commands, but my computer fails to receive the commands.

Edited by Taco Truck
  • Like 1

I am running Kodi on a Windows 8 machine, and use a Harmony Smart Control to navigate. After working fine for several months my Flirc seemed to stop receiving commands. Any button press was ignored. The receiver also failed to receive commands when in Windows' start menu. I used to use it to enter my PIN to login, but now that won't even work so that tell me it's not a software issue, at least not related to Kodi.

I reinstalled Windows, and that was of no help. I used the Flirc utility to upgrade the Flirc firmware to 3.4, that didn't help. I used Zadig to upgrade the driver to libusbk 3.0.7.0, but that fixed nothing. Last time I had a similar problem I fixed it by downloading libusb1.0.dll and placing it in my syswow64 folder, but I already tried that again and it didn't help.

What can I do?

Edit: The Flirc software does state Flirc is connected, and I'm able to record commands. I tried programming a universal remote, and I was able to record commands, but my computer fails to receive the commands.

make sure in device manager, you only have 1 libusbk device. There are two interfaces on flirc, interface0 and interface1. Interface1 is libusbk, interface0 is supposed to be the windows HID keyboard, if you accidentally replace that, the keyboard wont work

make sure in device manager, you only have 1 libusbk device. There are two interfaces on flirc, interface0 and interface1. Interface1 is libusbk, interface0 is supposed to be the windows HID keyboard, if you accidentally replace that, the keyboard wont work

Under libusbk devices I show Flirc, Flirc Interface1, and a second device. The second device I believe is my wireless Logitech keyboard. I'm not home at the moment so I can't tell you the name that shows for the second device.

Can I fix this?

Edited by Taco Truck
  • Like 1

let's connect again when you are home. We'll figure it out. 

A good test would be to plug it into another computer with none of the flirc software on it. It should just work.

Under libusbK USB Devices the following are installed: flirc (Interface 0), flirc (Interface 1), and USB Receiver (Interface 2). The USB receiver is my Logitech wireless keyboard USB receiver. The driver version for Flirc is 3.0.7.0. I unforunately can't test flirc on another computer as I only have one computer available.

I followed the instructions found here: https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201160137-Device-Disconnects-When-Pressing-Remote-Button and I uninstall everything under libusbk, and deleted their drivers. I scanned for hardware changes and I now only have Flirc (interface 1) under libusbk, and under HID keyboard, but it still won't pickup commands.

If you upgraded from firmware version 2.x to 3.x, re-recording all the buttons is a mandatory step.

Jason, I think that some warning should be added to Flirc GUI so when it detects that user is on 2.x firmware then it informs the user about that before proceeding with the upgrade.

• Like 1

If you upgraded from firmware version 2.x to 3.x, re-recording all the buttons is a mandatory step.

Jason, I think that some warning should be added to Flirc GUI so when it detects that user is on 2.x firmware then it informs the user about that before proceeding with the upgrade.

The think is that this is my first time using the Flirc GUI to program my remote. I originally set it up using Logitech's software. After deleting some drivers I found Flirc GUI to be the only way to use my remote.

It's not really a bother considering I can program it to the way I had it with Logitech's Flirc profile, but can anybody tell me why I can't use the Harmony software anymore?

I do only on the advanced configuration. I will do this on the startup routine too.

The think is that this is my first time using the Flirc GUI to program my remote. I originally set it up using Logitech's software. After deleting some drivers I found Flirc GUI to be the only way to use my remote.

It's not really a bother considering I can program it to the way I had it with Logitech's Flirc profile, but can anybody tell me why I can't use the Harmony software anymore?

make sure under file->advanced 'built in profiles' is checked.