Flirc Forums

Pioneer DVD Recorder - button already exists

Dominic

I just got my Flirc. The remote I'm trying is for a Pioneer DVD Recorder DVR 520H. Its known as the VXX2910, an image (taken from Amazon) is attached: post-18101-0-22377600-1422304643_thumb.j

If I record one button - "up" - it's fine. I then try "left", and I get "button already exists". Same for "right". Same for "1", same for "2" etc.

I've attached my fcfg config: my_flirc_config.fcfg

I'm recording it on Windows 7 x64, with the intention of then using it on a headless Linux system.

Tried suggestions I've seen around the forums, such as disabling built-in profiles, (attempting to) adjusting the sensitivity.

Firmware came as 3.1, tried updating it to 3.5 but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,

Probably a protocol the remote uses is not compatible with Flirc. There is a possibility that it can be made compatible but only Jason can tell that.

But there is at least one thing you can try yourself. What was the distance between the remote and Flirc when you were recording buttons? If it's too close then there may be some problems as the signal from remote may be too strong.

Thanks for the response!

I was sitting very close. However, I've just tried clearing the config and recording from a couple of metres away, and it exhibits the same behaviour.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Jason can do something, but for now I'll have a hunt around for another remote I can salvage.

I strongly suggest buying some nice universal remote. They are available in a very wide price range and you can configure it to send signals using many different protocols.

If you want something very configurable, affordable and nice looking take a look here http://www.amazon.co.uk/ONE-Simple-Universal-Remote-Control/dp/B008WWCHBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422308563&sr=8-1&keywords=URC-6440.