Flirc Forums

Panasonic EUR7651050A Multi Function Keys Issue

Andrew Batt

Hi, I've been using Windows 7 Media Centre since it was released (Vista Media Centre prior to that) and have always looked at my 10 year old Panasonic IDTV remote as having a lot of buttons to power on the TV, turn it to AV and adjust the Volume Up and Down! WMC functions are normally completed by a comprehensive HP RC6 remote and I had a Harmony 1000 but as my two Panasonic TV's are 6th generation and had a number of configuration issues the Harmony was boxed up.

I am having trouble mapping the 3 multi-function keys as follows:

1) Ctrl + F - This works using the keyboard but not with the fast Forward or Skip Forward button

(no result within WMC but shows on the Flirc keyboard layout)

2) Ctrl + B - This works using the keyboard but not with the fast Backward or Skip Backward button

(again, no result within WMC but shows on the Flirc keyboard layout)

3) Ctrl + P - This works using the keyboard but instantly pauses and restarts what ever is playing

(Note, Ctrl + Shift + P toggles play and pause but I would prefer to Pause with the Pause/Skip Frame button)

In addition to the above, I have mapped the numbers but although the Panasonic remote does not show any letters it be great to map these so they toggle the letters as per the HP remote:

i.e. 2 becomes 2-a-b-c then loops back to 2

and 3 becomes 3-d-e-f then loops back to 3

This is an excellent product and I have only just stumbled across this device. I also searched the forums and did not see any relevant information with the above issues.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

post-18016-0-68361800-1421628763_thumb.j

post-18016-0-68978300-1421628780_thumb.j

Hi, I've just checked some other settings and have the following results:

1) Ctrl + F (on single function key) does not jump forward 30 seconds but registers on the flirc keyboard

2) Ctrl + B (on single function key) does not skip back 8 seconds but registers on the flirc keyboard

but

3) Ctrl +P (on single function key) works correctly.

Kind regards.