Flirc Forums

Harmony One + FLIRC + OpenELEC on rPi B+

cmeans

I have all the basic keys on my remote working just fine, and I've made a few tweaks (though haven't synchronized them with the remote as yet).  Adding the device & activity via the Logtech Harmony software was the hardest piece...and it has nothing to do with FLIRC.

However, OpenELEC has a Home "icon"/function...which I assume could correlate to a button press (maybe Guide or Exit on the remote), however, the XMBC profile (if I'm using the right term here) in the Harmony software (which is a PITA to setup sometimes), doesn't show any extra "keys" that I could use to assign to my free buttons.

I assume this is an issue on the Harmony/FLIRC side rather than something on OpenELEC.

I do not see a way to manually add a new "key" value via the Harmony software, to associate with the Media Center PC (Flirc XMBC) device.  There's a hardcoded list of keys.

I've seen mention of Profiles on this forum, is there a profile I can edit to add a key value that the Harmony software will list?  (Seems unlikely as I'd assume the Harmony software pulls that data from it's own servers.)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Chris

I guess this may not be an issue that FLIRC can help with...seems I need to add a custom Command to the FLIRC device in my Harmony One setup.

I have an older remote.  It does seem that the newer software might provide a way to add custom Commands, but I'm not seeing it in the software I have.  Maybe I can upgrade the software.

If I'm on the right track, please let me know....but it does seem that this would be solved if a Home or Main Menu command pre-existed with the FLIRC (XMBC) profile.

Thanks.