Flirc Forums

Can I use FLIRC to replace a keyboard dongle?

serraios

I don't know, may be this is not realistic, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I was doing research on flirc so I can use it as a dongle for HT device remote control.

However, as I was doing this, it dawned on my that Flirc is recognized as a keyboard by windows.... and I ve got an HP keyboard+mouse set whose dongle has stopped working.

Is it conceivable to get a Flirc dongle and connect it to my Hp keyboard and have it operating as such?

Thanks

I think you 2 guys are talking about different things here. I'm pretty sure the HP keyboard/mouse combo you are talking about uses RF, not IR. I don't think you can use that with the Flirc, you would have to get a replacement reciever from HP. Take a look at this thread from their support site. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-HP-Consumer-Products-and-Technologies/HP-Wireless-Keyboard-and-Mouse-Dongle/td-p/604857

I think you 2 guys are talking about different things here. I'm pretty sure the HP keyboard/mouse combo you are talking about uses RF, not IR. I don't think you can use that with the Flirc, you would have to get a replacement reciever from HP. Take a look at this thread from their support site. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-HP-Consumer-Products-and-Technologies/HP-Wireless-Keyboard-and-Mouse-Dongle/td-p/604857

Thanks, that was it.

FWIW, I got a FLIRC stick and paired it with an xbox one remote control and it works perfectly on my PC. Great little gadget.