Flirc Forums

Flirc-se setup issues / stable firmware / wake

skr

Hi all,

I bought a flirc-se, which is the "embedded" version available for a certain case manufacturer.

first I want to give some information about my setup:

1. The flirc-se does not power the system from S5.
  2. It is connected to a internal USB 2.0 port, that is supplied with power in S5 mode.
  3. The flirc-se is also connected to the power switch and to the connector of the mainboard.
  4. The system is running Ubuntu 12.04, at the moment there is no option to upgrade to another version.
  5. The software package from the download page is not working due to the libusb incompatibility. The beta 3.x... software is working to configure the flirc-se.
  6. Currently the flirc-se is running firmware 3.0
  7. In general, receiving commands and translating them to keystrokes is working.
  8. After erasing a previously learned key, I have to reassign it twice (click redo and repeat) to save it.

As I have some problems making the flirc-se to power up the PC, I have several questions:

1. Which firmware is the most recent stable firmware for the flirc-se that supports the wake function?
  2. Is it necessary to learn a specific wake button or is that particular firmware able to turn the system on if any of the learned keys is received?
  3. What is the correct procedure to set the flirc-se up to wake the PC?

Any help is appreciated, for that, my thanks in advance.

I also bought the Flirc-SE for a Streacom case and have the exact questions regarding the wake function. I've emailed Jason and he wrote:

Hang in there, I received your email. Short answer is I need to update the firmware to support that, but it's a pretty quick update. If you give me a few days, I'll have an updated beta firmware image for you to try on the forums.

It's going to show up here: http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/forum/73-firmware-30/

So there is a new firmware underway that supports the feature!

I also bought the Flirc-SE for a Streacom case and have the exact questions regarding the wake function. I've emailed Jason and he wrote:

So there is a new firmware underway that supports the feature!

Yes, I released 3.3 and was trying to get this in, but figured out that I need a GUI change which supports that button.  I'm going to try to bang this out soon.

Hi again,

I tried the 3.3, but things turned out to be worse. The GUI tool repeatedly asks me to upgrade the firmware what seems to work once after the tool has been started. When denying the upgrade, even though 3.3 is aleady running, it refuses to alter any of the settings. Erasing the settings works but has no effect on this behaviour. When trying a forced upgrade the GUI states that the newest release is 3.2.

When running 3.3 there is a chaos with the key repeats. Changing the interkey delay changes the behaviour, but does not work as desired.

I went back to 3.1 and keep fingers crossed for a fixed version to be available soon.

Edited by skr

• 3 weeks later...

Also need a fix.

What I really don't understand, why are you selling stuff that doesn't work yet?

Okay, there is an update: 

You'll need to upgrade your firmware, and for the mean time, use the commandline and do the following:

flirc_util record power

You'll also want to enable 'sleep detect' in the advanced section of the GUI. That's used to make sure your computer is not on so that you don't accidentally hit the power signal.

I'm really really sorry this took so long, my day job had me going 16 hour days this month and that wasn't anticipated. I didn't have any free time.