Flirc Forums

Harmony default Flirc XBMC profile

leolobato

Hi,

I've just FLIRC to use with my Boxee Box, which I installed Boxee+Hacks and XBMC.

I have a Harmony Ultimate which I use with my setup and was really nice to discover that Flirc already has a default profile for XBMC setup, so I've selected that.

Problem is: on the default profile (and I do believe this is an issue on Logitech's side) some functions send the same IR signal ('page up' and 'direction up', for example), so I will need to teach new signals for some keys anyway.

I was able to confirm this by pluging Flirc to my Mac and firing up Key Codes to view which keys are being pressed.

My question is if I've selected the correct profile on Harmony and is this a known issue?

Thanks!

post-16597-0-08797900-1417773480_thumb.p

I can confirm

Hi,

I've just FLIRC to use with my Boxee Box, which I installed Boxee+Hacks and XBMC.

I have a Harmony Ultimate which I use with my setup and was really nice to discover that Flirc already has a default profile for XBMC setup, so I've selected that.

Problem is: on the default profile (and I do believe this is an issue on Logitech's side) some functions send the same IR signal ('page up' and 'direction up', for example), so I will need to teach new signals for some keys anyway.

I was able to confirm this by pluging Flirc to my Mac and firing up Key Codes to view which keys are being pressed.

My question is if I've selected the correct profile on Harmony and is this a known issue?

Thanks!

I can confirm the same here. I have a Harmony 680 using the Flirc XBMC device. I am using Showkey on windows to test but I am trying to get this to work for a Fire TV. The Up arrow and CH+ button both send the same code (Showkey displays 40(0x28) -VK_DOWN). The same thing happens with the Up arrow and CH- keys. They both send the same code (38(0x26) -VK_UP). Is there any way to fix this or a workaround to use. Which option should I pick under the controllers menu? XBMC, Full Keyboard, or Windows Media. I have tried several but none seem to work correctly.  I am new to the Flirc but pretty experienced with configuring harmony remotes and XBMC. BTW I have tried the latest rev V1.3.0-rc2 (3.3) and the one a few days before this one and have the same result. Thanks.

Jay.