Flirc Forums

Ubuntu 14.10 x64 Can't load a saved config

JustinSB

Hi,

GUI Version 1.3.0

Firmware Version: 3.3

Ubuntu Version 14.10 x64

When saving a config the GUI doesn't give it a file extension.

When trying to load a config, the GUI can't list any type of files, so it is impossible to load a pre-saved config because it can't list anything.

The drop-down to select which type of files are shown only gives the option of "flirc config" - which doesn't allow anything to be displayed.

The files that is saves, even though it can't load them in again, appear to be small binary files, so the saving option is apparently doing something promising :)

Apart from this bug though, I have got my flirc pretty much up & running as I want it to, so cheers for a great product. I've got one other thing that I'll post seperately, as it isn't connected.

Justin

Hi,

GUI Version 1.3.0

Firmware Version: 3.3

Ubuntu Version 14.10 x64

When saving a config the GUI doesn't give it a file extension.

When trying to load a config, the GUI can't list any type of files, so it is impossible to load a pre-saved config because it can't list anything.

The drop-down to select which type of files are shown only gives the option of "flirc config" - which doesn't allow anything to be displayed.

The files that is saves, even though it can't load them in again, appear to be small binary files, so the saving option is apparently doing something promising :)

Apart from this bug though, I have got my flirc pretty much up & running as I want it to, so cheers for a great product. I've got one other thing that I'll post seperately, as it isn't connected.

Justin

Hey thanks this is a great find. I'll fix this.

One thing you can do temporarily is save with the commandline application;

flirc_util saveconfig `filename`

and

flirc_util loadconfig `filename`

you can always add the extension to the config too and load it with the gui.

Again thank you.

Hi, thanks for the info.

OK, when I save it using the command line, it automatically saves it with the correct extension

ie if I type in

flirc_util saveconfig ~/Desktop/my_flirc_config

it saves the config file as "my_flirc_config.fcfg"

The good news is that this file is now automatically listed by the GUI, & by manually renaming the other backup configs that I've done, they now show up too. I haven't actually loaded one of the files though, as my flirc is doing nearly everything that I need it to currently.

Edited by JustinSB

Hi, thanks for the info.

OK, when I save it using the command line, it automatically saves it with the correct extension

ie if I type in

flirc_util saveconfig ~/Desktop/my_flirc_config

it saves the config file as "my_flirc_config.fcfg"

The good news is that this file is now automatically listed by the GUI, & by manually renaming the other backup configs that I've done, they now show up too. I haven't actually loaded one of the files though, as my flirc is doing nearly everything that I need it to currently.

awesome