Flirc Forums

[On going issue] One button press = Repeated Flirc commands

Chris!

An excerpt taken from an so users don't have to go through 4 pages of the thread.

I've been following this thread religiously and there are two problems that can happen and the multiple people posting are either experiencing one or the other.

Flirc is essentially a keyboard, so consider 

Problem

1. When you hit a key on the remote, one key is received on your machine, there is a delay, and then several keys are seen. Like if you had a keyboard and just pressed and held the button down.
  2. When you hit a key, several keys are received rapidly.

These are two very different problems and users aren't distinguishing them here, and rightfully so, as the problem statement is too many keys are received. 

So let's talk about the solutions we've figured out.

1. a) If you have a harmony remote, lower the repeat value in the harmony software: in the remote, go to the troubleshooter & lower the value to 0 or 1
    b )If you don't, lower the interkey_delay in the flirc advanced software.
  2. a)Raise the interkey_delay in the flirc advanced software

I think there is one more cause for 2, but I haven't determined what it is yet, I'm still working on it. It's going to require some special firmware that I started on.

I'll put a sticky at the top of this thread for others, this seems to be the solution.

Please continue to discus the issue in the original thread (linked at the start of this post)