Media Select Telephone		140 102
Media Select Program Guide	141 102
Media Select Video Phone	142 102
Media Select Games		143 102
Media Select Messages		144 102
Media Select CD			145 102
Media Select VCR		146 102
Media Select Tuner		147 102

Also as you can see, there's a code for the program guide in these. There's nothing else in the HID tables related to this, so if it doesn't work then probably the application itself doesn't support these key codes.

On 19.10.2017 at 5:09 PM, kalhimeo said:

From my previous tests, I noted that these commands would start a search on my Nexus Player (to be used with flirc_util) : 

"8 105" (LWIN + F14) or

"4 44" (ALT + SPACE)

You may want to give them a try

I tried this two commands but this is not what should be, it's not right "Search" command for Shield TV, but thank you anyway.

For now I assign "S" button and this is only work for start Voice Search in YouTube app, but in Home do not work for Voice Google Assistant and any other app.

From my keyboard Logitech K400 "Search" button work correctly everywhere, in YouTube app it start Voice Search, in Home start Voice Google Assistant.

---

Only hope in Jason and yawor left to let me assign "AC Search" 0x221 button from HID Consumer table, this is probably same button like on my Logitech K400 keyboard. So please Jason/yawor make it possible.

Edited by PeterMac

• 7 months later...
On 1/8/2016 at 7:05 PM, kalhimeo said:

I played a bit more with the keycodes and the record_api command today.

I have found the HID code for DPAD_CENTER, no need to use the KEYCODE_NUMPAD_5 trick anymore. The code is "0x0c 0x0041" which can be mapped via flirc using "65 102".

It's really a pity that we can't use the full range of the "Consumer Devices" table, that would solve the HOME problem with the code "0x0c 0x0223" (virtually 547 102) without the need for root.

Maybe jason could review a bit the handling of the basic HID codes: since there are only 231 characters in the table "7 - Keyboard/Keypad", could we use some codes from 232 to 255 as exceptions to fully cover the "12 - Consumer Devices" table ? For now you are using the code 102 (Keyboard Power) as an exception to send the first 255 HID codes via the modifier byte, but as we know, one byte is not enough to cover the 667 commands of the "12 - Consumer Devices" table.

Could we imagine using the codes 253, 254 and 255 for this purpose ? Therefore "253" would cover HID commands from 0-255, "254" from 256-511, and "255" from 512 to 667. I think that this would make more sense than using the code 102. We could even imagine to cover more tables with the remaining numbers if needed.

An other solution to fix the HOME button on Android TV only, would be to hard code a unique byte sequence which would reproduce "0x0c 0x0223".

Thanks to the courageous readers who hold till the end ^^

Laurent

Hi Jason and Yawor,

Is there anything new, maybe with the new Flirc revision, to make the record api able to use codes above 255 in the "Consumer device (12)" table ? Could you maybe consider my suggestion for a future software update ? Or create a dedicated Flirc Profile for Android with buttons that cannot be mapped atm (ie. KEYCODE_SEARCH = HID 0x0c 0x0221) ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Laurent

• 1 year later...
On 6/25/2018 at 3:02 AM, kalhimeo said:

Is there anything new, maybe with the new Flirc revision, to make the record api able to use codes above 255 in the "Consumer device (12)" table ?

You got your wish

On 6/25/2018 at 3:02 AM, kalhimeo said:

Or create a dedicated Flirc Profile for Android with buttons that cannot be mapped atm (ie. KEYCODE_SEARCH = HID 0x0c 0x0221) ?

Being able to directly send Android keycodes is still not possible unless there is another undocumented method, but it is possible to invoke KEYCODE_SEARCH.

• Like 1