Flirc Forums

Freight excessive?

kneighbour

I would happily buy a Flirc unit - except the freight to Australia (for such a small item) is quite excessive - some $17!! It almost doubles the price of the item.

I buy things from the USA all the time (via ebay and other avenues) and understand that freight can be expensive. Surely there is a cheaper option though?

Welcome to the forum kneighbour,

I think the shipping cost is calculated due to an offer jason got as a flat rate. There may be something he can do (so we'll wait for a response from him).

However in the the meantime, in case it affects anything, I believe it is shipped in quite a big box so jason can fill the box with loads if you wanted more than one or knew people near you who wanted some too. The shipping would be the same.

We'll wait for Jason's response though.

I'm going to pursue lower international shipping rates soon because I'm getting product packaging. It should help things as I wont have to individually bubble wrap everything.

Follow up with me via email, I can work something out with you in the mean time.

I'm going to pursue lower international shipping rates soon because I'm getting product packaging. It should help things as I wont have to individually bubble wrap everything.

Follow up with me via email, I can work something out with you in the mean time.

I'm in the same boat here. I was on the order page about to get one, when the shipping boosted the price from $21 to almost $35. I figure a flirc would fit in a padded mailer and shipped off for next to nothing. I'm in Toronto btw... any way to get a flirc to me at a decent shipping rate? (packaging etc. is not important to me).