Flirc Forums

Trouble Capturing Remote SIgnals

epizephyrii

Hello,

I had a working setup, but then I decided to be adventurous and try to update and see if that solved some of my sleep/wake issues.  Unfortunately, now my Flirc doesn't seem to work at all with the remote.  I can't remember what version I was on previously, but I've tried the 5 most recent RCs and they all seem to do the same thing.  When I record one key from the remote it seems to think that every button I push on that remote is the same signal.

I'm using the RCA RCRP05BR 5 Device Cable Replacement Universal Remote.  It worked fine to capture keys on the previous firmware, but now it isn't.  I've tested with another non-universal remote and it was able to capture properly off of that.  Anyone have any idea as to what could be going on?

Thanks!

Curious.

I'm not sure what is going on exactly but it could be picking up signal from another source.

Do you have a strong light source on? (something that has changed since you last programmed it). Or even a phone with an IR port or something?

If you can, maybe try other room. You could maybe try the noise canceller setting in file-->advanced settings (in the flirc gui)

Let us know how you get on