Flirc Forums

USB not recognized

montean

I just received my new dongle in the mail today yesterday I cannot for the life of me get this thing to recognize,  I have tried 3 different pc's running windows 7 both 32 bit and 64 bit,  also tried on windows 8 pc with no success.  Have tried manually installing drivers and uninstalled hardware several times.  Please help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jcrpfefgo77nl6/device%20manager.jpg?dl=0

okay, so there `are actually two devices inside flirc to the computer. A generic USB device which is the keyboard, and a special device you talk to. If the GUI isn't finding the device, it is not seeing the special device.

Can you expand the keyboard tab in system device manager, do you see the flirc device there? You'll know if you disconnect it. Otherwise, it's just having a problem reading the device and enumerating properly.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry, it's just me here, and I was really sick this last week.

send me an email via the support site. Definitely didn't waist your money, I'll make sure to make it right. I'll get a replacement out to you as soon as possible. I'm really sorry for the delay.

Hi

Ok so I was having a similar issue to this, I was able to successfully install the drivers on my PC running Windows 8.1 64bit.

But that's it.

When I go to Device Manager it shows a keyboard and that's it, nothing else. 

No GUI is fired up, nothing.

Please help?

okay, so there `are actually two devices inside flirc to the computer. A generic USB device which is the keyboard, and a special device you talk to. If the GUI isn't finding the device, it is not seeing the special device.

Can you expand the keyboard tab in system device manager, do you see the flirc device there? You'll know if you disconnect it. Otherwise, it's just having a problem reading the device and enumerating properly.

Hi

Ok so I was having a similar issue to this, I was able to successfully install the drivers on my PC running Windows 8.1 64bit.

But that's it.

When I go to Device Manager it shows a keyboard and that's it, nothing else.

No GUI is fired up, nothing.

Please help

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,I have a simillar problem. Have posted in the How to thread and then saw this. Have run device manager but do not see flirc device in the Keyboard. When I try and open the unknown USB device I get the following message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Should I return this or is there some firmware that I can download to get this going

• 4 months later...