Flirc Forums

Web GUI?

How tough would it be to write something similar to the Flirc GUI that could be run cross platform in a browser over an http port, the way you might control things like Sickbeard, SABnzbd+ or CouchPotato? Then even OSes without their own GUI could make use of a more graphical means of configuring Flirc. This would be great for people like me, who have a Flirc that decided it hates Mac and only wants to function properly from a Linux command line.

• Like 1

I have to say that is a pretty good way of making it cross platform.

Though I think Jason is hard at work on issues and features for the actual device at the moment.

And most importantly of all - I have no influence on project direction etc.

Now lets get you mac problems sorted out... :-)

How tough would it be to write something similar to the Flirc GUI that could be run cross platform in a browser over an http port, the way you might control things like Sickbeard, SABnzbd+ or CouchPotato? Then even OSes without their own GUI could make use of a more graphical means of configuring Flirc. This would be great for people like me, who have a Flirc that decided it hates Mac and only wants to function properly from a Linux command line.

this is an extremely great suggestion. this way, internally mounted flirc can easily be configured on an minimal/embedded system.

thanks.

Well, I'm just starting to learn Python, and I think this will make a great first project. Since there's an API and commands that can easily be scripted I think it's worth trying. I have negative free time so I don't promise any kind of timeline, or even that I'll be successful at all, but if I wind up with anything useful I'll absolutely share it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...