Flirc Forums

Flirc + Amazon Fire TV + Watch Disney App

slypanther

I just got my fire tv and flirc setup complete about a week a go and I love it.  The flirc works great with my harmony remote and it saves me from having to have a separate remote for the fire tv.  I am having one issue though with the watch disney app.  ON the app, there is a link where you can select 'More Shows', then stream other shows.  However I am unable to actually select that link.  When I naviagte to the link and click select nothing happens.  If I use the original fire tv remote it selects it just fine.  This seems to be the only place where I get an odd behavior with the select button.  Using the harmony remote the select buttons works everywhere else(other apps, xbmc, etc) no problem.  Is this a problem with the flirc or the app?  My harmony is setup using the Panasonic TC-P65VT30 then flirc remaps the keys I need.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Okay, I got it.

The GUI is recording 'enter'. You should record return. Don't ask me why it matters, it's ridiculous.

The only way to really do this is use the commandline:

1. Delete the current button for enter

2. flirc_util record return

Let me know how that goes. I'm going to release a new GUI to help everyone with amazon tv. here's what it's going to look like. That should help. Hopefully I can do it this weekend.

post-1-0-52207800-1410564040_thumb.png

Thank you for looking into this.  The command line trick did no seem to work for me though.  I erased the button I use for 'Enter' then did the following :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc>flirc_util.exe record return
 Press any button on the remote to link it with 'return'

Succesfully recorded button

However the behavior is the same as before.

Looking forward to the new GUI.  An amazon tv gui setup will be awesome.