Flirc Forums

Can't erase non-US-standard button

Juro

Hi folks,

I'm running flirc version 1.2.6 (Firmware 2.6) on a PC with a Harmony remote.

Flirc keeps receiving inputs, even if I dont press a button on the remote. This hasnt been a problem in the past, I just hit the "Erase" button and waited for the key to be received again - problem solved.

However, recently Flirc keeps receiving the German letter "ß", which is not on the US standard keyboard (the ß-key on my German keyboard is where the dash-key is on your's, to the right of the 0-key). Apparently the GUI does not recognize, when it receives the ß-key input, so it cannot delete it. If I press the key on the keyboard with the GUI open, the dash-key doesnt flash green, like all the others do. 

So there's no way I can actually erase that key, which is really annoying, because windows keeps typing ß in all my messages etc...

Any idea how to solve this?

Cheers,

Juro

Edited by Juro

Hi Juro,

You can use command line app that is provided in Flirc install. It's called flirc_util.exe (it's in the folder where you installed flirc app). You can use it for example to list recorded keys and to delete specific ones using key's index. I'm not entirely sure that this will work for you as the util doesn't display all keys sometimes (for example those which use at least one of modifier keys).

Use

flirc_util help

to get information on possible operations.