Flirc Forums

long key presses not working. what am I doing wrong

johnbird03

Hi all,

Firstly I would like to say how happy I am with flirc. Great product. It is working perfectly except when I want to hold down my remote left or right key to scan over large movie libraries.

I have updated the flirc with latest stable driver, and using xbmc with a WD TV live remote.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks John

Some remotes don't send the same code when button is long pressed. It is possible that your remote sends one code at the beginning and after it detects a long press it changes code to another. Some remotes even send multiple codes in cycle on long press.

You can try recording the same button one more time but hold the button on remote before starting recording. You will get either a success (then the code is different) or "button already recorded" (then there is some other problem).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

they say "better" is enemy of "good" and unfortunately it's true for me

I had a perfectly working remote (from tbs 6281) on some old 2.6 firmware (maybe beta, I don't remember) and decided to upgrade for some reason to stable 2.6 (gui was freezing occasionaly and I thought it may help)

And now "hold and press" doesn't work for me anymore (while 10mins before upgrade it was working like a charm). I'm on beta 3.0 rc4 firmware and it is the same here

If anyone know how to solve this issue please share here. It's not a big deal but I got used to just press "volume up/down" button instead of training my fingers

Maybe I could try all old 2.6 betas again but not sure where to find them ?

Apart from that I'm in love with flirc so great work guys!

they say "better" is enemy of "good" and unfortunately it's true for me

I had a perfectly working remote (from tbs 6281) on some old 2.6 firmware (maybe beta, I don't remember) and decided to upgrade for some reason to stable 2.6 (gui was freezing occasionaly and I thought it may help)

And now "hold and press" doesn't work for me anymore (while 10mins before upgrade it was working like a charm). I'm on beta 3.0 rc4 firmware and it is the same here

If anyone know how to solve this issue please share here. It's not a big deal but I got used to just press "volume up/down" button instead of training my fingers

Maybe I could try all old 2.6 betas again but not sure where to find them ?

Apart from that I'm in love with flirc so great work guys!

It's not implemented yet. I re-wrote everything. Hang in there, I'm just about done wrapping up built in profiles. I'll try my best to finish that one before the weekend. If you want to revert, let me know by pm.