Flirc Forums

DirecTV RC65RX Remote

luisortega

Just got our new HR-24 receiver today and it came with one of the new bi-directional remotes that is supposed to make setup easier. It worked great except for Flirc, every DVD and VCR combo I could find would not use every button on the remote. The previous receiver had a setting to program a second receiver to AV1 or AV2 but I couldn't find that setting anymore.

Following this guide bypassed the menu based setup completely and let me put in a generic second receiver and now all buttons on the remote are working as they should. I'm posting this with the hope that it benefits someone else since I'd expect the new setup is the standard now.

1. slider at top to av1

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks

3. enter 9 9 1

4. enter 0

5. press SELECT butto

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trying to get this to work and I can get it to work but the buttons also work on the DirecTV receiver at the same time which is not a good thing as it is changing things on the DirecTV receiver while I am using the remote for XBMC. How can I make it so it will only work with XBMC and have no effect on the DirecTV receiver?

• 4 weeks later...
Trying to get this to work and I can get it to work but the buttons also work on the DirecTV receiver at the same time which is not a good thing as it is changing things on the DirecTV receiver while I am using the remote for XBMC. How can I make it so it will only work with XBMC and have no effect on the DirecTV receiver?

I was having this problem too. Time to experiment with codes via the receiver options I guess :(

Edited by Rand

Okay so I was able to get around this by going into my DirecTV receiver's remote setup menu. Instead of trying to find a device to emulate on AV1 (none of them seemed to give full layout support as OP mentioned) I just chose to do the Multi-receiver setup instead. It had me program my main receiver using a code of 00001. I then switched to AV1 on the remote and programmed that to 00002. Problem solved. It let me use all the buttons for Flirc on Av1 while leaving my receiver alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got our new HR-24 receiver today and it came with one of the new bi-directional remotes that is supposed to make setup easier. It worked great except for Flirc, every DVD and VCR combo I could find would not use every button on the remote. The previous receiver had a setting to program a second receiver to AV1 or AV2 but I couldn't find that setting anymore.

Following this guide bypassed the menu based setup completely and let me put in a generic second receiver and now all buttons on the remote are working as they should. I'm posting this with the hope that it benefits someone else since I'd expect the new setup is the standard now.

1. slider at top to av1

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks

3. enter 9 9 1

4. enter 0

5. press SELECT butto

I think I might be having a similar issue to yours and I was wondering if you were able to get flirc to recognize volume up, volume down, and mute as different button presses. I tried what you suggested on my RC64 (similar to RC65), but flirc still sees the button presses as the same.