Flirc Forums

Apple Keyboard??

DDR5050

I have a very simple setup. Mac Mini connected to a TCL Roku TV. I set the A button on the Skip to the TCL and everything works fine. I moved on to set up the B to control various media players I use on the Mac Mini(VLC, IINA, Movist Pro) but I cannot for the life of me find the Device, Brand or Model combo to give me the Apple Keyboard to map to the Skip B buttons. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

On 5/31/2023 at 8:28 PM, DDR5050 said:

I have a very simple setup. Mac Mini connected to a TCL Roku TV. I set the A button on the Skip to the TCL and everything works fine. I moved on to set up the B to control various media players I use on the Mac Mini(VLC, IINA, Movist Pro) but I cannot for the life of me find the Device, Brand or Model combo to give me the Apple Keyboard to map to the Skip B buttons. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Are you using a Flirc to control the Mac mini? Or do you have one of those older Mac minis that has an IR sensor?

I am currently using a Flirc with an old Firefly Mini IR remote.It is workable in its current set up but lacks the ability to control the TCL TV Volume controls on the Firefly Mini. I would like to switch over to the Skip so I could have one integrated remote that controls everything in my setup. Thanks.

4 hours ago, DDR5050 said:

I am currently using a Flirc with an old Firefly Mini IR remote.It is workable in its current set up but lacks the ability to control the TCL TV Volume controls on the Firefly Mini. I would like to switch over to the Skip so I could have one integrated remote that controls everything in my setup. Thanks.

If you're using a Flirc, just pick any of the Flirc options that correlate to what you want to do with keyboard commands when setting up the Skip, then after the Skip is setup, train the Flirc with those new commands. I don't think the Flirc comes with a full set of keyboard commands built in, so that still requires training in the Flirc app.